November 1, 2010

Sweet Sophie!

Hello again!  This is Lori from ScrappinMyStressaway today to show you how to create your own templates to use with alcohol ink.  I brought along my sweet niece Sophie to assist!   
I picked up this pack of Blue Stencil Film at Michaels.  I used my deep cut blade and multicut 2 times.  I kept my settings the same as normal on my cricut.  Be sure to leave the blue film on when cutting.  I also just left the film on as it would be a tedious project (aka waste of time)!!


I found my template on the Creative Memories Reminisce Accents cartridge.  I sized and lined up my template to fit the stencil sheet.


This was the first time I tried this and I was very happy with how it cut!

Thank goodness I have been shopping online as I had several boxes on hand to use for the next part (he he).  I picked out a pale lavendar piece of cardstock and set it in the box.

I used my Purple Twilight alcohol ink mixed with rubbing alcohol (or you can purchase the official alcohol mixing solution at Michaels) in a Mini Mister.  My test spray was too light, so I added more purple. 

Here is the first spray.

And after the template is removed.  Isn't this gorgeous!!

I wanted just a little of the swirls on the opposite corner.

And here is my custom swirly paper!!  I did save the negative template piece to use on a future project (no I am NOT a hoarder ~ craft supplies don't count!!).

I added some ribbon, silver flowers, pearls, purple gems and a silver title.  I cut Sophie out of Songbird.  I really love how the letters weld!  I am going to frame this and give it to my niece for her bedroom.  Sophie is 8 going on 18!!

Sassy, thanks for having me on your blog!  You have been such an inspiration to me!!

Lori 


Post a Comment