November 6, 2010

Gypsy Made Simple - Shaker Card

This is a MUST HAVE Card for your card stash. I had a hard time deciding what to make this week until I saw my first Shaker card done by Shantaie Fowler of Inking Pink featured on the Circle Blog last week. WOWSERS how fun are they? Well you know I just had to have for my stash, which means you also need it for yours for that SPECIAL person you really want to know just how much you care!
So let's get to work! Get yourself something you enjoy drinking turn on your Gypsy and follow along to learn how to make this AWESOME card! Remember if you do not have the carts I use just use ones that you do own.

This first video is the basic card and the layers build from there.
Here is a close up of my Gypsy screens. I thought you might like to see that. I have so much free space that after this video is over, I will go back and rework the file to have two up so that I can cut 2 cards at once.



The last video finishes up so that you would have one card ready for good cut.
This is a close up of the file after I reworked the file. Notice there is two of everything so that I can have two complete cards.
Here are the pieces for the front of the card and I added an extra square to make the inside of the card more attractive. This is optional.
The third page cut is for the acetate on the left and then an area for the sentiments on the inside of the card. Again this is optional.


This video shows how to assemble your Shaker card, so be sure you take a couple of minutes and look it over so you can assemble your card.
The first thing you do is cut all your pages.
These were all the pieces for both cards.
The solid base I used had a white core so I inked the edges to give it a nicer look.
Then I put the front of the card together reserving the skittles and glossy accents until the card was assembled. I used my ATG all around the back of the front making sure there were no gaps. I then place the acetate on the back.
Then I used this wonderful foam tape and placed it all around the edge making sure there were no gaps that the confetti could escape from. Then I sprinkled confetti in the center of that and carefully centered the backing sheet and pressed down securely creating a sealed area for the confetti to move around in.
Isn't this cool? Shake - Shake - Shake, shake your booty! LOL How fun is this?
As soon as I got done playing I moved on to the base of the card. I thought I was going to put ribbon on an tie a bow, well that didn't look good so I left the ribbon you couldn't see as it was taped on and used my pink ATG to get plenty of adhesive on the back of the shaker. I then centered it on the base of the card.
I put together the inside of the card, I really like the way these optional cuts look. After that was done I added my skittles to the hat and glossy accents to the title to complete my card.
Now doesn't that look awesome? Lots of steps I agree but if you do one step at a time you are bound to get to the finish line and have a beautiful card to give someone special in you life! I sure hope you liked today's project and will make one for yourself as this is a MUST HAVE CARD!

Now I CHALLENGE YOU TO MAKE A CARD AND LINK IT UP TO MY BLOG so we can see what you did and what style you chose. The skills that you are learning will be your stepping stones for everything you design in the future. Remember if you have any questions be sure to email me at ShesASassyLady@hotmail.com or if there is any area that you want me to cover please do the same as I am using your questions and suggestions for future Gypsy Made Simple features.

Thanks for your continued support and sweet words of encouragement. Your comments are what inspire me to share with you.
signature

15 comments:

papillon digital design said...

Lovely card Sassy! It's so nice that letting go of it would be so difficult ;) TFS

Stacy said...

Sheila,
I love this card. I don't have some of the cartridges you used, as I am a new Gypsy owner, but I will try it with what I have. Thanks so much for all of the videos and the great instructions.
Hoping to make one tomorrow
((and yummy to your soups & chilli)
Stacy

Brenda said...

ohhhh I loveeee your shaker card!!! joy you are making me want a gypsy...still on medical leave from work so I been using my stash noooo spending for me...another joy!
hugs
Brenda

Kimberli said...

I am a new Gypsy owner as of last week and I'm clueless as to how to get started, so I'm thrilled to find your Gypsy Made Simple series to guide me! I'm excited to go back through the videos and start learning - thanks so much for doing these videos!!

Flamenco92627/ Julieta said...

That is a fabulous card!! I love all of the colors and different elements. What fun!

Bamabel said...

This is so fabulous Sheila! I can't wait to try this out!

Jeannie said...

This is a great card! I hope to try it out tomorrow when I have a couple of hours to play.

Audrey Frelx said...

Sheila, this card IS!!! Love it!

I'm going to have to do one of those! Your directions are superb!

Mary said...

That is soooo goofy! I posted my card, but it looks like Marv instead of Mary! LOL Not sure what happened there!

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Wonderful card Sheila!!

Java Jen's Creations said...

Sheila, I always say that I'm going to follow along and do these Saturday projects with you but my life has been so crazy so I haven't been able to yet!! This is a great card and I really want to make one so I'm hoping that I can get busy tomorrow and maybe do a few other projects while I'm at it!!! Thanks for all you do for us Gypsy owners!!

GabyCreates.com said...

Great tutorial! hard steps to follow....
i have seen shaker cards before, but I think you just pushed me to finally create one!
Gaby

Mrs. Green said...

Looks great - thanks for sharing the technique!

Marilyn said...

What an awesome tutorial! This week I went and got my Gypsy and played along. Although I had to pause many times, I now have two cards set up and ready to cut. Thank you so much for all your work!

Debby said...

Hey Sheila!
Great, great tutorial. I always feel like I'm sitting in your kitchen with you. Today I could almost smell that home made soup and chile! Yummy!!
I REALLY love your tutorials. thanks so much for sharing.
DebbyS