November 4, 2010

"WHAT THE HECK IS UP WITH SANTA'S PANTS"?!!! TREAT BOX

Hello, everyone!  It's Audrey again!  As before, I'm so very happy to be back, and many thanks to Sheila for allowing to come and share another project with you!

I think I was supposed to be doing a Thanksgiving project, but after racking my brains for an idea, this was all I could come up with.  However, this is soooo cute and so easy, I think you'll all forgive me another Christmas project so soon!

I'm calling this a "What the heck is up with Santa's pants?!!!" Treat Box:


Isn't it just sooo cute?  Okay, well let's get ready to put it together?  Let's go!  What you'll need are:

2 - toilet tissue rolls
1 - 8.50' x 11" sheet of red cardstock
1 - 8.50" x 11" sheet of black cardstock
1 - small piece of batting (or white faux fur material)
2 - 3" white cardstock circles

Note:  I used a hot glue gun to glue this project together -- makes it super quick!


Before beginning cut off 1-1/4" from one end of each the toilet tissue (TT) rolls.  Place TT rolls on top of  each of the 3" circles and glue in place.  Next, make slits around the extending edges of the circles all the way to the outer edge of the rolls, as in this example below:


Press the slit edges up around the TT rolls and glue in place.  You will now have this:


Next:
Cut 2, 3.50 x 6.50 squares from the red cardstock.  Wrap and glue a square around each of the TT rolls lining up the cardstock even with the bottom.  The extending top red cardstock squares you will slit around the TT roll, fold down and glue.  The TT roll on the left in the picture below shows the slitted paper and the right TT roll shows it folded and glued to the inside of the roll:


Now cut 2, 1/2" x 6.50" from the batting (or faux fur) and glue one strip around the bottom of each TT roll (cut off any access and discard):


Now you're going to glue, along the paper seams -- with seams facing each other on the inside of the TT rolls; glue the TT rolls together but only about 1/4" of the way down.   It should look like this, with a slight gap between the 2 TT rolls:


And these are Santa's pants legs!  Cool, huh?

Next you're going to cut:

1 - 1/2" x 6.50" strip from the black cardstock (this will be the belt to the pants)
1 - 1/4" x 6.50" from the batting (or faux fur)
2- 1/4" x 8" strips from the red cardstock (the belt loops)

Glue on all the pieces as shown below (cut off and discard any access):


Finally we're going to cut 2, 1/4" x 8" strips for the suspenders.  Attached the front 2 straps to the front of the box, but criss cross, one over the other in the back of the box when gluing.  It will look like this:


I used Stickles to add a belt buckle and now it's done!  Stuff it with Christmas candies and goodies!!!

I hope you like my project and enjoy making your own!!!  And, if you do, I sure would love to see what you did!!!

I'll be seeing you!

13 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Audrey this is just too cute!!! I love how fun this looks and the great tutorial! I can see Santa Pants all over the country after today!!! this is ADORABLE! Thanks for sharing with us today!

Angi Barrs said...

This one made me smile. It's so adorable. What a fun project.

papillon digital design said...

Love the title!! made me grin.
And cute project! but maybe I will use my kitchen paper roll tube and cut em' in half :)

Barb Craft said...

This is darling!! so cute and made with products we have laying around the house already!! love it!!
Barb :)

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What a fun project Audrey, I love it. hugs

Granny said...

This is so cute and fun looking! Love it.

scrappinlil said...

So very cute.... I love this idea. TFS

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Audrey - this is so fun!!! I LOL when I read the title of the post too!! So cute! Thanks for sharing.
Melissa

Dawn McCarty said...

This is so cute. Love it. Great job.

TFS

hugs
dawn

flowerdisco said...

so very cute....mrs audrey.......my very sweet talented lady friend :)

Audrey Frelx said...

Thank you all very much for your very kind comments!

Thanks, again, Sheila for letting me present this project!

Celeste B. said...

So adorable!!!! I love it! TFS! :)

Bamabel said...

Oh my! Now that is just the cutest! This would be perfect for my Mom's classroom students to make! I will definitely be forwarding her this to see! So adorable!