November 30, 2010

GabyCreates Ornament using Gypsy

My name is Gabriela Villaseñor or Gaby from GabyCreates.com
I am delighted for the opportunity to guest design for She’s A Sassy Lady.
I created this ornament using my Gypsy in an attempt to save money.   I saw these ornaments in a K&Company ornament package and I though I could recreated using my Gypsy.

You will need a Gypsy to weld the shapes found on the following cartridges: George and Basic Shapes for the rectangle (I later discovered that Gypsy Wanderings does have rectangles), Gypsy Wanderings for the circle like shape and Independence Day for the oval (street sign) shape like.


Tutorial: Gypsy
1- place a rectangle 3.75" h x 12.11" w using George and Basic Shapes
     on mat lined up at the edge (it will be outside of the E's mat cutting area, but that is what you want)
     make sure you un-click the Width/Height chain so that you can manipulate.
2- place somewhere else on the mat 9 of the #23 (on key pad) signs found on the Independence Day Cartridge at 1.5" h


    a) you can see that they are aligned on the Y axis
    b) click group
    c) under advanced tab click Kern and enter -0.05
    d) click weld
now you have them as a group
3- duplicate group by clicking the mirror button
4- flip design by clicking on the flip (up and down)


Above you can see copied or mirrored
Above you can see the design flipped
5- arrange your design my making sure the X axis match
    (I have them at -.56)
6- now weld the rectangle with the other design (strip of signs).

I hope I have not confused anybody yet?

To recap: 1-you need a rectangle 3.75h x 12.11w,
                2- the sign #23 9x from Independence Day grouped, -Kern -.05 and welded
                3- flipped and arranged on both sides lining up the center of the last signs at the ends of the rectangle.

On to the next step

7- using Gypsy Wanderings click on the Décor Tag Creative Feature Key and choose design #44 on the keypad.

8- For this step I used this design by stretching it (making sure the Width/Height chain was un-clicked) to 1.02w x 1"h   ~    see below
I placed ~eyeballing one each on the center/middle of each sign at the bottom, I continued by placing another one of the designs on top making sure that the X axis matched this is important so that the design lines up.
If this is too difficult to follow and you wish to make this ornament, just emailed me at scrapabookaholic at hotmail dot com or visit me at GabyCreates.com and I will attempt to send you the Gypsy file.

On to the fun part:
I decided to place two on a mat and cut
You have to score at center (lengthwise)
Score on each intersection
Fold (zigzag)
This is the reason you want that extra piece at the end.
You just cut on one side and leave on the other so you can glue together.
I moved on the the other side.
I finished by placing some glue on the center front and back,
inking with walnut Ranger Distress in and embellishing/decorating with gold glitter glue and an already glittery snowflake.  But the embellishing options are endless!

I know that these ornaments will look beautiful hanging on a Christmas tree.
I am planning on making many more and taking to my sister's house (her turn to host Christmas).
Thank you Sheila for the opportunity to Guest Design at She’s A Sassy Lady!

24 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

These ornaments are GORGEOUS. I love the color as well as the style and dimensions to them and then the pop of bling puts them over the top! JUST BEAUTIFUL! You sister is lucky that you are making some for her! Thanks for sharing your talent with us today.

Unknown said...

WOW!!! These ornaments are Gorgeous Gaby!! I need to try this!

Jen said...

Saw this on GabyCreates. LOVE it!!
Thank you for sharing.

scrapstampcrazy said...

gorgeous, I'll have to give them a try.

Ticketgoddess said...

These ornaments are beautiful. I think I'll break out my Gypsy and give it a try!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful idea!

Sentimental Scrapper said...

These are gorgeous!!!!!!

Cricut Couple said...

My God! This is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen! I can't imagine the time it must have taken to get that right on the Gypsy. You are brilliant!!!

CathyinMN said...

Gaby, I love your ornaments. I don't have all of those cartridges, but I have Plantin for a rectangle and I think Stand and Salute or Street Sign might have the other shape I would need. I can't wait to try to make these. Thanks for the great tutorial.

Unknown said...

These ornaments are so beautiful. I can't believe the patience you must have to be gluing each individual side of the ornament. I bet these ornaments would look very nice on any Christmas tree.

Angi Barrs said...

Beautiful ornaments. Love how you made them:)

Michelle said...

Stop by my blog. I was given a blog award and I wanted to share it with you!!!!

Thanks so much for showing me your support. I really appreciate it. I really enjoy your blog as I'm sure others will too.

Michelle

Granny said...

These ornaments are beautiful. I love the color and the bling. Just so beautiful!

Audrey Frelx said...

Gaby, I LOVE it!!! It's a beautiful ornament and I've got to do several of them myself!!!

TFS and great job!

yaya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
yaya said...

I absolutely love these ornaments mom! The textile and color choice are perfect....I especially love the placement of the bling (especially the little gold dots). These would look perfect on our tree...hint..hint;) I guess I will have to learn to make these when I get home for Christmas....

yaya said...

I wanna see more ornaments now....cant wait to see you and Scrap Book!

Beth said...

Super cute ornaments. TFS. I will have to give these a try.

Shari said...

Great ornaments, would love to have the file.

Jana said...

Stunning! I'm a new Gypsy owner so it will be a while until I can give these a try so I'm going to save this for later.

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Amazing!! Love the little embellishment in the center!! Welcome to the team!! ((hugs))
Melissa

JustYolie said...

Gaby! Fabulous file! The xmas ornament came out beautiful!!

flowerdisco said...

Gaby.....they are STUNNING! WHAT A FABULOUS JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!love them!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

These are fabulous! Love them all. Happy December!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!