November 20, 2010

Gypsy Made Simple - Tilting Makes Great Titles


Welcome to another Gypsy Made Simple. This week we will learn a technique that is great for titles. You will learn how to tilt the individual letters and/or adjust them individually to make an attractive title. Let's face it not everything in life is on the straight and narrow sometimes we like to just mix things up a little and this technique will help you do that. I am a firm believer that if you don't like the way it looks, change it. And, that is just what we will do today.


In this first video you will learn to tilt and even slant your letters to get the effect that you want. This is so easy yet is another one of those must learn features so you can create to your fullest potential.



Now in this video you will learn how to make your title up and down instead of just right to left. I like to use this is I have a space problem or many photos. The possibilities are endless. It is a little time consuming but well worth the effort.



This is a FUN technique and so simple to do. Using your Cricut Markers with your Gypsy. The main thing you must remember is DO NOT UNLOAD YOUR MAT between writing and cutting and you will be fine. The effect is so awesome and well worth the little extra effort in making your title.

I stated in the video that my pressure was on 2, it can also be set on 3. See what a great job our Cricut Markers do.
Now when loading or unloading your marker be sure to ALWAYS pt a little piece of paper under it so it won't mark on your paper or machine.
When replacing your blade housing make sure your have the little arrow out so you can see what your blade depth is set at and for future setting with ease.
Remember ALWAYS RETURN TO DESIGN after using your marker so it will cut accurately.

See it goes right over where the marker just did for a perfect cut.
Isn't that wonderful! I just love how these titles turn out when they are welded together like this, don't you?
Justin and Gavin are such cuties and these two pages were so easy to make.

All I used was a title on this page and our little Gavin and big brother Justin just loved it! See how those letters just pop off the page, yup well worth the effort. (Sorry the color is a little off as I took the photo with poor lighting).
Now wasn't this easy? Can't you see this done on a few of your layouts? Or maybe just a HoHoHo on a Christmas card. This week I challenge you to make a title tilting or slanting your words and then make a project with it. If you have the Cricut markers use them, if you don't that is OK. Just make a little project while this is fresh in your mind. Then post it on my blog with the Linky tool provided. Lets see how many we can projects we can get posted this week for this easy challenge.
signature

17 comments:

Stacy said...

Sheila,
First off, your grandkids are adorable!!!
I am so excited about this weeks challenge, as I have only made 1 layout ever. So this is kind of a double challenge for me :)
I have the markers and can you believe I have never used them. Well maybe I used them once, but never in this way.
PS~I enjoyed my coffee with you and that coffee cake was yummy!
Hugs
Stacy
(be back soon with my project)

Sentimental Scrapper said...

That is soooo cool! I may have to try this technique!!!

Flamenco92627/ Julieta said...

What a great LO! I love the outline with the markers, super cool. What cuties too!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Great layout, Sheila. Love your papers and your title work is awesome. Adorable grandkids, too! And hey, didn't know you were serving cake .. I would have been here sooner! Heehee!

Java Jen's Creations said...

I do this a lot with my page titles! Your video was great, as usual!! I will try to make one for this post! Thanks for posting these each week!! I keep referring people to your blog!!

Unknown said...

Sheila you are rocking these videos!!! Thanks for sharing them with us!!

Teach4U said...

Thank you for more Gypsy tips. I did a layout in my Gypsy, now to get it cut out.

Brenda

flowerdisco said...

yes Lori...she is a master making videos and I love using the markers too. The title came out awesome.

Audrey Frelx said...

Sheila, aweseome job!!!

June said...

Love your layout!!!! Thanks for reminding me of this technique - I forgot all about it and I really love this look!!! Thanks for sharing and the inspiration!!

Marilyn said...

Great videos Sheila. Thank you so much for taking the time each weekend. They are so helpful.

Angi Barrs said...

What a wonderful way to do titles. Love this technique. Your Grandkids are adorable :)

Hannah said...

Great tutorial! Thanks for showing off this technique... just gave me a ton of ideas!

Kel said...

TFS! I am sooo going to have to give it a try!

GabyCreates.com said...

I too thank you for reminding me about this technique! Thanks for the great video! and your grand kids are adorable!
Gaby

Karen Kontrath said...

Sheila, thank you so much for your video tutorials. I am getting a better understanding of my gypsy because of you. Now I want the markers. lol! didnt get what I needed them for until this video. Thanks.

Karen

Mercedes Pineiro said...

You're so great creating this tutorials, and your work always ended so beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us your talent.