November 2, 2010

Howdy Pardner - Window Card

Doesn't this look like fun? I just love window cards and this is a great Birtday card for the guy in your life. It is easy to make and I know that you can make one just like it with a little help form your Gypsy and Cricut! If you would like instructions just click on  Gypsy Made Simple - Window Cards for and easy step by step video.
This is a close up of my Gypsy base card screen.
And another of the pieces I used on the card.
Here are the papers I used. The black and wheite is from My Minds Eye Vintage Garden stack. Do click on the photo for a close up and you will see it glitters.
I cut all the pieces and started right in on putting the card together.
First I scored both pieces of the base.
And I placed a nice firm fold on the card and looked at both side by side to make sure I cut the back of the card.
As you can see from this photo all I cut was a sliver off the back of the card, basically just the fold so that it would lay flat and line up when I place it on the back of the card as a liner.
Then I inked the center so it looked as if the stripes continued all the way through and not like I had two indidvidual pieces like I did.
After the back and front were glued together then I proceded to get my parts ready and just attached them where they belonged.
I am finally learning that it is the little details that set apart our designs. I used a white gel pen on the boot to make it look like stitching and the brim and tassle on the hat.
This is the inside of the card. See even it looks like fun!
Here is the completed card standing up.... I don't like a card unless it can stand up and be displayed by the owner.
And her is the close up of the finished card. You can click on the photo to see a close up and you will see the awesome papers that I used.
I am so glad you stopped by today and sure hope you liked todays project I know I had a lot of fun making it. I have so many Birthday cards to make with 5 birthdays in November!!! Yikes I guess I better get back to work!
Thank you for your sweet word or encouragement as they continue to inspire me to keep sharing with you!

6 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Shelia this is adorable, I have a stupid question, why did you cut the card in half???

Bamabel said...

How cute! I love the boot!

Vanessa said...

Such a cute card! Thanks for sharing this clever idea!

Stacy said...

Sheila,
What a cute card. Thanks for sharing
Stacy

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Another fantastic window card Sheila - great colors!!!
Melissa

Barb Craft said...

Now this is a card i need to learn to make!! i think it might come in handy now that I live in
Texas!! Cute card Sheila!!
barb :)