November 16, 2010

Pick of the Patch Scrapbook Layout

Hi everyone! This is Kristy from craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com, and I have a super cute LO idea for those of you that still have pictures of your little ones at the pumpkin patch.

I used the Mini Monsters cartridge to cut the pumpkins. You can find these cute pumpkins on pages 60 and 61.
I used my trusty Gypsy to size and cut the pumpkins.  The big pumpkin was cut at 9.35", and the smaller pumpkin was cut at 6.65". I rotated the smaller pumpkins in order to fit 2 of them on one mat. Then, I used the hide/contour feature to "hide" the faces of the pumpkins.
Paper Recipe:
Pink-DCWV
Orange-DCWV
Green-DCWV
Metallic Gold-Recollections

Here's the first page of the LO:

 I used Thickers and Making Memories stickers for the title.


I cut the little extra pieces off of the leaves, and then used the Cuttlebug folder Divine Swirls to add some texture. The card stock has a "white core" which came through the embossing, and gave even more texture/a distressed look! I went to a fantastic crop this weekend, and found some colorful twine while I was there.  I added some of the fun brown and white twine to each stem.
Many of you know that I love to add a ton of pictures to my pages. This time I uploaded my pictures to Wallgreens.com and then created a 5 x7 collage that held 10 pictures! {BTW they had all of their collages on sale for 1/2 price}
Here's the second page of the LO:
I used the Making Memories tiny alphas for my journaling.



I hope you enjoyed this quick and cute LO! Please feel free to hop on over to my blog anytime HERE.

Thanks again Sheila for having me today, and congrats again on your 1 year blog-a-versary!

Happy craftin'
<3 Kristy

10 comments:

Stacy said...

Kristy,
That is super cute layout
Thanks for sharing
Stacy

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Kristie, this is an adorable layout and I love the unconventional colors they are perfect! And your little cutie is just adorable! Thanks for sharing your talent with us today!

Cheryl Boglioli said...

What a little cutie! Love the twine on the pumking and your embossed leaves are so pretty.

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Sooo cute!!! Love the block of pictures and you wonderful pumpkins!!

Debbie said...

You are so lucky to have such sweet pictures to scrap! Love the embossing on your pumpkin leaves! Thanks for sharing your layout!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Oh so sweet! Love the pumpkins with the embossed leaves and that twine is a perfect touch! Thanks for sharing a wonderful layout with us!
Melissa

Barb Craft said...

Cute LO! I love the twine and the embossing on the leaves!
barb :)

flowerdisco said...

love how you used the space to add lots of photos. the pumpkins with their embossed/distressed leaves are so cool! tfs your special LO with us.

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Adorable layout! Glad to be back safe and sound and be able to visit your blog again. Happy Tuesday!

Audrey Frelx said...

Kristie, the layout is adorable! Great job!