March 8, 2011

All Guy Card

Hi everyone! This is Elizabeth form 217Creations.  I am so excited to be your guest designer today. I have 3 boys so for me creating masculine projects comes very naturally.  I feel like I can look at my boys' clothes and shoes for pattern and color combination, as well as texture.  Today I am sharing this card at She's A Sassy Lady for my Guest Designer post for the month.
I started by taking a piece of unfinished corrugated cardboard.  I have plenty of this since I love to shop online!  I tore a piece off, removing the top layer to expose the ripples.
I then made my circle shaped cuts on my Imagine from the JT cartridge.  I love this cartridge! The circle were cut with "Layers" at 4 inches. I left the colors on default. I also folded my A2 card base.
Using my ATG I attached the corrugated cardboard to the card base.  I also adhered the large circle to the cardboard.
Then I adhered the other parts of the circle to the card, creating dimension and shape.
I cut the Lion from JT at 3.0 inches. I cut this image on "Combined" so it was flat. I adhered the Lion to the circles and added some metal heat set stars to the card for fun.
I really had fun making this card. I hope that you will follow us here at She's A Sassy Lady and on my personal blog at 217 Creations.
Thank you for leaving comments and following or subscribing! Have a great day!

11 comments:

papillon digital design said...

This is so cute Beth! We need all the masculine ideas we can get!! Awesome

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Wow what a wonderful card. I am always looking for ideas for masculine cards and this is awesome. Thanks for sharing with us today.

Unknown said...

Love Love this card!!! I am always looking for boy things!! I knew the minute I saw the picture that you made it!!

Lori

Magoo said...

woah!!! this card is wicked!

Lovvveee the cardboard - totally perfect :) :)

Great project sweetie :)

Cathy said...

Nice job, (where did I put that box) hehe. gonna go try while fresh in my mind...TFS
Cathy
mexicopetshop@hotmail.com

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Love it! I am always looking for ideas for man

Anonymous said...

Coolness! I am so totally in love with the cardboard but have never done it! I love that as a background! Super smart!

GabyCreates.com said...

Great use of the cardboard! Only used it once. thanks for the idea on using on a male card. Very nice card ~Gaby

Angi Barrs said...

I soooo love the corrugated cardboard. What a fab idea. :)

Amy said...

What is JT?

Audrey Frelx said...

Elizabeth, you always come up with the greatest projects!!! Love this!