March 15, 2011

So LUCKY to have you!

Hi everyone! This is Kristy from craftin-on-my-door and I want to thank Sheila for allowing my to be her guest designer again today! I look forward to my monthly She's a Sassy Lady posts! Today I thought that I would give you a quick and easy project to make and present to those {you are so "lucky" to have in your life}! And it's just in time for St. Patty's Day! I have to give credit where credit is due...I saw this idea posted on the eighteen25 girls page (they are adorable), and I thought hmm....these are cute but what can I change and add with my trusty Cricut?!

Here's what I came up with:
Here's what you will need:
*Boxes of Lucky Charms cereal
*treat bags (I got mine at Michaels)
*cardstock
*twine
*buttons
*flowers
*bling
*Microsoft Powerpoint or a photoshop program
*a cartridge with a shamrock on it (I used April Showers and then hid the smiley face with my Gypsy)

First, I opened up my Powerpoint program and found two different fonts that I liked. I chose ArabBruD, and Amaze.  Then, I made a text box for "you" and placed it in the bottom corner. Next, was a text box for "to have," and I placed it next to the "you." Then, I did another text box for "lucky," I changed the color to green and sized it larger than the other words. Lastly, I made a text box for "so," and placed it next to the lucky.
(I tried to download the file, but it did not show up properly on box.net-sorry!)
I didn't want to have to recreate the positions again, so after printing  I put them back into my printer and printed on the other side. Now, you will have 2 on a page. Then I cut each page in half at 5 1/2" (landscape). Next, cut each topper at 4 1/2", and then score at 2 1/4". While I was figuring out all the computer info my fabulous sister-in-law filled up the bags with Lucky Charms. She also folded the toppers in 1/2 for me, I trimmed the bags, folded the extra over, and stapled the toppers to the top! I {LOVE} team work!
Then, I tied twine around the entire topper, and added a button and a bow. We cut out the shamrocks at 6" added flowers and bling. We also added some 3D-dot to to the back of each shamrock to add some dimension.
 I can't wait to hand these out to some of my friends at work! Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you all have a {lucky} kind of week! <3 Kristy

11 comments:

Georgiana said...

Cute idea. I may have to make these for my students. I love florals!

Georgiana

Cathy said...

I love the flowers. They are nice and bright. Cute idea.

papillon digital design said...

This is cute. I especially love the flower on the clover leaf and the twine and button. Lovely touch that

mfc.melissamade2 said...

I think this is such a cute idea!! I love Lucky Charms too and could snack on them all day! Love the clover with the added flower!
Hugs,
M

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This is adorable Kristy. What a wonderful treat for anyone that you give it to. Love the twine and button added to the top.
Thanks for sharing with us today.

Nora said...

SWEET!!!

Unknown said...

So cute and Yummy too!!! TFS!!

Audrey Frelx said...

What an adorable package! Great gift idea!

Java Jen's Creations said...

This is such a great gift idea!! I love it!!

Anonymous said...

This give so much info. I shall try the wording on my new photoshop, and where oh where did you get those HUGE balls of twine????so many ideas that ignited with this design.
smackiatcomcastdotnet

JustYolie said...

Wonderful project....you don't mess when it comes to your twine! :)