March 25, 2011

Flower Necklace

Hi all,

It's Kelly from www.kamscraftyplace.blogspot.com. I would like to say thank you to Sheila for having me back again. Now, if you remember last time I said I would share with you a flower necklace if it worked. Well it worked I'm pleased to tell you. Here are the steps on what I did.

First I got out my Cuttlebug and my Tim Holtz Tattered Roses Die. I love my Expression, but sometimes I don't want to wait for it to cut etc.

I used these papers Ella Blue. I love these papers and have been using them alot.

I used two B plates with this die as it's quite thick.

I used a paintbrush to curl the petals of the flower.

I then stuck the flowers together. As you can see I did do two, just in case the first one didn't work.

I then got out my melting pot. I had seen a tutorial on You Tube on Glass flowers and these are the steps I followed. First I put my UTEE in my melting pot.

I put the lid on as it helps it to melt faster.

Here is the UTEE. It's extra thick embossing powder. I used the clear, but it does come in lots of different colours.

These are the tools I used. I wiped the tools over my old versafine inkpad as this helps the embossing powder to slip off the tools.

Here is the powder beginning to dissolve.

I then placed my flower in the melting pot. I used my tweezers to turn the flower. I made sure it had all been covered.

Here is the flower once it's cooled down.

You will find that on the edges you'll find some little lumps. I just cut them off with my scissors. If you have any bubbles (luckily I didn't) you can heat them up with your embossing gun/tool and the embossing will melt and the bubble will melt away.

I then punched a hole through one of the petals with my crop a dile. This was a little bit tricky as the petals etc are now fairly rigid and I didn't want to snap the petal off.

I then used a eyelet. I know white isn't the best colour, but you don't see as the petal is curled over.

I then put a jump ring through the eyelet.

Here is the finished necklace once I threaded it onto one of my necklaces. I quite like it. It does mean I can make all different types of flowers and in lots of different sizes. My Gypsy flower file will be useful to make a few flowers also. I was pleasantly surprised that it was a lot easier than I thought it would be.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and will have a go at making your own jewellery.
Kelly

10 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Kelly this is GORGEOUS! Love the flower necklace and the tutorial is just wonderful and so easy to follow. Thanks for sharing with us today.

Anonymous said...

Wow is this pretty. I would love to have a necklace like that. TFS
Sue

Granny said...

Pretty necklace and a great instructions. TFS

Angi Barrs said...

What a gorgeous flower. Love how you made this. :)

Missy said...

Very nice!!

Java Jen's Creations said...

What a beautiful necklace!! Love it!! With your awesome tutorial, I believe I could actually make one of these!! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us!!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Wow - great tutorial!!! I love this - so beautiful!
Hugs,
M

Anonymous said...

Hey! this is SO cool! love the idea of making something wearable! now if we could only make paper shoes..LOL! great tute!!!!!

Leah

Unknown said...

Wow ~ this is gorgeous!!!! Darn, now I NEED a melting pot!!

Thanks for the tutorial!

Audrey Frelx said...

It is stunning!!! And I'm with you on the UTEE... I love that stuff!!!

You did a great job!