December 1, 2010

Holiday Cards

Good morning SassyLady friends, this is Kate from Sassy and Scrappy. As everyone knows the countdown to Christmas is on, and most of us are feeling the pressure. I thought it would be fun to challenge myself to use one cartridge and the same color combination to create 4 different Holiday cards.

This is the holiday paper pack that inspired me. I like how it combines traditional Christmas colors with some unexpected colors as well. This is an 8 x 8 stack from Papertrey Ink, and it's a great size for cards.

I used the 'Winter Frolic' cartridge and picked 4 images; snowman, angel, reindeer, and the little boy making a snow angel. I used my Gypsy to lay out each image and all of the layers.

As you can see I separated the layers by image. Of course you could choose to separate items by color, if you prefer that instead. And if you only want one image, such as the snowman on all of your cards, you could place as many snowmen as you needed, or would fit, on one page and then separate your layers. I think that's probably the most efficient way to go, but I love this cartridge and couldn't decide what I wanted to use, lol.

Here are all of my images ready to be assembled. I kept these cards pretty simple since my goal is to make...well, a lot! You can choose to dress them up, or even dress them down depending on the amount you're making and time restraints. Here are my finished cards:


I added some doodling, ribbon, peachy keen faces and some glitter to my finished images. As, I said though, I tried to keep them all pretty simple. Here is an example of another snowman card that I "dressed up". I used more glitter, added buttons and even bling.


Details:

  • Pattern Paper: Papertrey Ink-'Sugar Plum'
  • Cardstock: Papertrey Ink-Spring Rain, Plum Pudding, Dark Chocolate, White, Pure Poppy
  • Ribbon: Papertrey Ink-Pure Poppy, Spring Rain, Plum Pudding
  • Peachy Keen Stamps-Critter Faces, Princess Face Asst., Snow Cutie Face Asst.
  • Embossing Folder-Basic Grey by Sissix, 'Snow Caps'
  • Glitter-Martha Stewart
  • Sentiments: Papertrey Ink-Signature Christmas
Thank you Sheila and thanks to all of you for stopping by and checking out my project. I hope this will give you some inspiration and maybe a few ideas as well. I love to hear your comments and if you have a chance stop by blog and visit me. I wish you all the best and have a wonderful holiday season!

10 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

These really are just the cutest cards! You did a great job creating these from one cart and color combination!!!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

These cards are just adorable! I love the color combinations that you used just perfect for these designs. They are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your talent with us today.

Barb Craft said...

These cards are darling!! I think i am going to lock myself into my scraproom and make some of my own!!
barb :)

papillon digital design said...

These are so cute. TFS

Missy said...

Very cute! I love those cuts and the paper!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

OH so cute!!! Love all of them!

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Absolutely adorable cards!!! Love them all!

GabyCreates.com said...

Super cute cards, Nothing! simple about them! and love the non traditional colors!
Gaby

flowerdisco said...

great cards....beautiful inspiration. TFS.

Nana Donna said...

Cute cards, love the faces