May 21, 2010

Falling Head Over Heels for Summer in Paris


I am falling . . . for Summer in Paris!  Hi everyone! This is Elizabeth from 217 Creations.  This waterfall card is so easy to make with the help of a Gypsy file made from Plantin Schoolbook.  Before I start I just want to thank Sassy for having me as her guest again on her blog! Let's get started!

Summer in Paris has some tricky cuts that may cause some trouble.  My settings were:
Medium Pressure 
Blade Depth 6
Multicut of 2
Since I cut on Gypsy I have no control over speed. 
It is probably closest to high when compared to the machine cutting traditionally.
The hot air balloon is cut at 4 inches. The blackout has been Glimmer Misted and detailed with my gold Signo pen.  I just love the string details!  This was done with embroidery floss and Zip Dry glue.

The crowns are cut at .75 inches.

The word "Fly" is from Elegant Cakes and is cut at 1.25 inches.

The stamps are from Stamper's Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection in Shabby French.

My patterned paper is from Websters Pages.

There are many versions of waterfall cards on the web and I am so glad I get to show you mine.  Since I am always looking for an quicker and easier way to make cards and albums, you know I had to put my Gypsy girl to work.  And boy did she work!  The file is perfect and best of all it's FREE!!!!! 

Watch the video for assembly instructions but here are my notes: (the file for download is on my blog www.217Creations.blogspot.com)
The file is 6 pages.  The paper notes are merely suggestions.  This card can be made vertically or horizontally.
  • Page 1: Score in half.  This is the base of the card. Cut in solid cardstock.
  • Page 2:  This is the brad band. Cut in solid cardstock.
  • Page 3: This is the mat for the front of the card and the inside of the card.  Cut this page twice once in sold cardstock and once in patterned paper.
  • Page 4:  This is the waterfall band.  It has 3 sets of scoremarks.  Fold all three with mountain folds.  Cut in solid cardstock
  • Page 5:  These are the backing mats for the waterfall squares.  Cut in sold cardstock.
  • Page 6:  These are the top mats for the waterfall squares.  Cut in patterned paper.

As always thanks for commenting.  If you want to download the file please visit www.217Creations.blogspot.com
Post a Comment