May 11, 2010

Ready To Ride

Hello, Sheila here from ShesASassyLady and I get the privledge of designing today on TheBugBytes! For the month of May we are presenting Home Decor and/or Home Accents in any form we would like.  I chose to do a page. I used the wonderful sketch from Liz Qualman, which is being presented as this weeks feature sketch on StuckOnYouSketches.
This is my little Grand daughter Sydney and she just got a new bike and all the gear. You have to love her, she couldn't keep  that helmet on straight for anything. I had to get a couple of close ups of our toothless wonder! As you can see the photos are precious.
Aren't these papers from Close To My Heart yummy? I think they are just perfect for this page.
Notice I started making the flowers just like my enabling friend Cindy from last week.... but I never got the tweezers, so you get Sheila's version! Which I might add is a lot simpler and takes less time.
First I crimped the flowers just like Cindy, then I just staggered them and used a jewel on the top.... they look different yet still so very pretty.... I of course used the leaves.
Then I took out one of my unfinished GW dragon flies made from transparancies and used a matching pink stamp on it. I used 2 coats because as you can see one coat was not sufficient. It was still too transparent.
I laid it aside to dry and then used a black marker for the antennas and purple rhinestones for the body....
I used these wonderful sponge stamps that I got from Mary at Scrapbooking Grandma's Crafts... I just opened them, and in just one project I am in love with them! They are so easy to use. Thanks again Mary! I had to do the purple on the body a couple of times to make it look darker.... and I did that after I put the beads.
To back some the page I took a sheet of matching paper as wide as the crimper and crimped it for added texture... I really like this little crimper! See below how it just adds that little extra texture the page needed.
I added the little Love charm and I also punched a scrap piece of pink paper just to draw the eye to Sydney's smaller photo. She is such a little diva that this if very unusual to catch her this sporty!
I few pink rhinestones add movement to the dragonfly.
Now isn't that pretty, and so easy to do.  I sure hope you enjoyed today's project and while looking about on the various blogs that you too challenge yourself and try to replecate the many beautiful things you see. Even if they are a little diffent like my flowers are from Cindy's, they still turned out beautiful, and so will yours! You don't learn unless you try, so stretch yourself this week and make something new.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Thank you for your sweet words of encoragement, your comments continue to inspire me to continue creating and sharing with you.
signature

29 comments:

papillon digital design said...

Lovely and inspiring as always

Unknown said...

WOW Sassy!! This is just gorgeous!! Your layouts look too pretty to be in a book ~ you need to frame this one!!! I love the movement of your dragonfly!

I really need a crimper now!

217 Creations said...

Just awesome! I love all the how everything is so tied together. WOW!!!!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Oh, Sheila! Both your granddaughter and your layout are absolutely adorable!!! What a great complement they are to each other!

Hugs, my friend!!!

flowerdisco said...

sassy sheila :)...you make the most beautiful layouts. this is another great example of your great work. photos...priceless too. :)

Mélimélo (Paule) said...

Tout simplement magnifique!!!!!
Papiers et photos très belle coordination.
BRAVOOOOOO....

shari said...

This layout is so pretty! So is your Granddaughter! I love the flowers, great job. Shari(cricutrookie)

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Very very pretty, and you make it look so easy, but I don't know, it looks a little difficult to me. Love the dragonfly.

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Beautiful page and awesome techniques. Love that picture, too sweet. Happy Tuesday!

Granny said...

Such a beautiful little girl. Your papers and flowers are very pretty.

Denine said...

Very beautiful. Such a cutie!!

Love the flowers.. i really need to get a crimper. :)

Barb Craft said...

WOWZERS... this page is gorgeous!!! I love the pink and green combo and the flowers are fab... I soooo need to make a few of those!! I have a crimper that I hardly ever use.... time to dust that bad boy off and put it to use!!!! LOL!!!
And Sheila... thanks so much for the super sweet email you sent today... totally made my day!! You're the best!!
Barb :)

Melissa said...

This layout is beautiful! I love the colors and the flowers. Great job. Thanks for sharing!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Hi, Sheila .. what a great page and such adorabel pix! Love that helmet sitting all askew ... so funny! Great job on your flowers. Love my crimper .. just adds a fabulous texture to a project! So glad you could utitlize the sketch and link up to us this week! What a fantastic direction your blog has taken!

DebbyS said...

Such a beautiful page and your granddaughter is adorable!!

Snowmanlover said...

What a cutie pie! I was going to ask you how you made the flowers. Just darling. I just love your blog and your work!

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [11 May 10:02pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Beautiful page! Love the flowers!!

Christy said...

Stunning LO!!!! I love it :)

If you would be interested in giving a new challenge blog a try, I would love to see how it inspires you :) It's a multi-craft friendly, so scrappers, digi scrappers and card makers alike are welcome to play along. You can check it out at: Scrap It With a Song

Debbie said...

WOw! Beautiful layout! Loving the colors and the paper is beautiful. Your flowers turned out great! Still have my crimper, will need to dust it off and give it a try!

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Elements post on May. 12, 2010. Thanks again.

Angela said...

WOW!! such a gorgeous LO! love the flowers too!

Beth aka BR-T said...

This is amazing Sheila and I forgot all about that fun Close To My Heart Paper Pack. Thanks for all the detail shots and thanks for playing along with the Pink Elephants "Pink" Challenge! Beth

Anonymous said...

Hi Sheila.....I love your page. It is adorable! I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of Cindy's video for the flower tutorial. I watched it the other day and now I can't find it.

Mary Hamer said...

I love this Sheila!! The colors are so "springy" and fun!

Jan said...

Beautiful layout.....love, love, love the flowers!

Fern said...

Wow, this is beautiful, and what a sweet GD you have there!!! Love those flowers and the dragonfly is awesome!!! I'm going to have to try those flowers!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok so I missed leaving comments for last week having packed up and leaving for Disneyland...so here I am finally! I love this, I do love the page but just find the photos sooo great! Reminds me of my niece Maddie and her crazy hair thats always too big to where a helmet with! LOL! And seeing that little toothless grin makes me smile and look forward to taking the first photo when my son looses his first!
Great page...I love love those flowers! Want to reach out and touch them!

Weezie said...

I love your layout. Where might I find the tutorial on the paper flowers? I really would like to learn how to make them.

Thanks!

weezielw@aol.com