May 30, 2010

Sydney - Practicle Scrappers Challenge


I just fell in love with this simple little layout and thought I would do a quick page while waiting for our company to arrive.... I completed this in less than an hour and without turning my gypsy or cricut on! I used a few items that I had in my scrap room. I sure hope you like.

This is the sketch over at Practicle Scrappers. See how easy.


I took the 3 photos of Sydney that I had sitting on my dresser and went into my scrap room and chose my paper, ribbon, and chipboard letters. I grabbed my trimmer and ATG gun, a little tape and a couple of mini glue dots and just sat at the kitchen counter and literally put this together in less than an hour.
I used ribbon to seperate the colors.
I secured the ribbon on the back of the paper with tape.
I used mini dots just to secure ribbon so it wouldn't move.
Aren't these chipboard letters awesome. I used my Zip Dry glue and then set my Creative Memories trimmer as a weight on them till they dried.
I added rhinestones in the shape of hearts that I pickup on sale for only $1.
The chipboard letters are from Peachy Keen and they are awesome, this is a close up of Syd's name.


I sure hope you enjoyed today's project! Every now and then I have to stick a really easy project in... Now wasn't it easy?
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
I am always encouraged by your sweet - sweet words. Your comments inspire me to keep scrapping and sharing things with you.
signature

8 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Easy and beautiful... I love it Shelia.

Erin Morehouse said...

Those letters are beautiful! ( so are those pictures)
Thanks for playing with us at Practical Scrappers!

Barb Craft said...

Sheila... this is fabulous!! What a little cutie!! These pictures are soooo sweet!! Love the blingy heart!! What a deal at $1!! and all this in less than an hour?!! Way to go!!
Barb :)

Sandi Clarkson said...

Fabulous page, Sheila. I've been doing a few quick ones myself. Doesn't it feel good to do some quick, easy scrapping sometimes? Add a few pretty embellies and it's done ... such as your great chipboard alphas and that blingy heart. Pix ... adorable!

Sasya said...

wow, what a great take on the sketch!! simply beautiful!

thank you for playing with us at Practical Scrappers :)

hugs,
Sasya

217 Creations said...

Simply beautiful!!!!!

Unknown said...

Great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at Practical scrappers1 /DT pia

Unknown said...

Sheila, This is a fantastic take on our sketch this weekend! I love your yummy colors and the fact that you kept it clean and simple.
Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers!
Blessings,
Kim xXx