May 25, 2010

Uniquely Me - My Little Sassy Sissy

This is such a 'girly' layout! With swirls and flowers galore and sooo easy you will want to recreate this on your own. Our little Carissa, better known as Sassy Sissy just loves to put on her little girl makeup and lipgloss primping all the while... She then poses in front of the mirror, any mirror... this time Grandma had her camera ready, and yes she gave me the same pose she just practiced! What a hoot!
These are the lovely papers and materials I used to make this page. The paper is DCWV Mariposa stack and the metallic stack, and  prima flowers. Aren't they yummy.
This is the original design. I did not cut the birdcage as it would have been too much with the amount of flowers I used. They are still on the design if you want to use.
To start my flower I cut some thin colored paper that matched my paper into 2 inch strips. I then used my Martha Stewart punch along the egdge.
See how nicely the colors match and the punch is just perfect. At this point I should have inked my edges but I waited till after the flower was completed.... do the inking at this stage. It will look nicer.
I then ran the strips through the crimper. I learned how to make this flower from What A Beautiful Mess, Lisa does the most beautiful pages, do stop by and check out her blog as her work is amazing!
First I hand cut my circle the 2 inches she said, but my paper was too stiff so I got out my handy Creative Memories circle punch and used the 1 3/4 and 1 1/2 punch and it worked fine.
I covered my circle with Zip Dry, and that worked well as I was able to manuver the papers easily.
I trimmed the paper for the smaller circle as shown.
After they dried I inked the paper, next time I will do after I make the strips themselves, this way it allowed to much white to show through.
Then I put together the little birdie. I reserved the wing as I really didn't like the paper I had underneath.
I used 2 little pop-dots to attatch his little wing and I used my black marker to color in his eye.
Added his little wing and stickled the open spaces.
I visited India at Scrapbook Mania and couldn't believe it when I saw these beautiful flowers by Magnolia. They have many unique goodies in there including Magnolia and Pure Innocence stamps from my favorite things!  (Shhh, I got a wonderful little girl stamp, expect to see that sometime soon!) They come from Sweden and I had to use them on this page! What a perfect center! so much nicer than the buttons I was going to use.
Isn't that a perfect center? I think so too! I just love how you keep up with my conversation!
After I added the swirls on my page I used glossy accents to add shine and it deepened the color just a little!
See the differnce?
It was easier to handle the delicate heading on the mesh as I used the glossy accents on it too.
Then I stickled the heading and I love the way it turned out.
I added my beaded picks by using glue dots on the stem and then the flower on top of that.
I added a special Bible verse that Sassy knows too.
And the page really took on form. These are just a few close ups at different angles.
I went back to hand journaling as that is so special.
See it looked kind of empty without that little birdie.
Another close up...
And the whole page.
I sure hope you enjoyed today's project! Now wasn't it easy? I can't wait to see what you do. Here is the Sassy Uniquely Gypsy File.
I am always encouraged by your sweet - sweet words. Your comments inspire me to keep scrapping and sharing things with you.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
signature

30 comments:

Unknown said...

Sassy ~ this layout is soooo beautiful!! I love the flower technique you used!! I love the colors and papers you used!! I love that you have a mini Sassy to capture so well in a photo to complete this layout!!

Lisa said...

Wow, that is a beautiful page. Love the colors.

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

gorgoeous, love the paper flower - so clever to use the ms punch to give it a little more pizazz

Misha said...

Love this layout. I really like the flower you made, and I agree that the middle flower is better than a button would be. Can't wait to get home and play with my scraps.

Angi Barrs said...

Love Love Love the flowers and the cute birdie. Beautiful layout!
-Angi-

Barb Craft said...

Sheila.... this is GORGEOUS!!! And what a little cutie your Carissa is!! Her and my daughter would get along great... she is quite the poser too!! Love the swirls and the details you added!! The flowers are fabulous... especially the one you made!!!

Barb :)

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Shelia, this is just awesome. I love all the little details, and I love how you popped up the little bird's wing. And you little model is a cutie.

Cynde said...

Beautiful page! I love girly layouts. I'm going to attempt to make those flowers the next time I scrap by daughter.

cyndepeterson at gmail dot com
http://cyndepeterson.blogspot.com/

217 Creations said...

Awesome LO Sassy!!!!!! I am always impressed! I need those Magnolia centers!

Maria said...

Beautiful I love the flowers and your model is adorable.

Unknown said...

Truly breathtaking!

Milamemories (M&M) said...

This is gorgeous. I love the Mariposa paper I bought (2) 12 x 12 Stacks, and all of the flowers.

M&M

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [25 May 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Kel said...

Wow, that layout is amazing. I just love love love the flower.. I've done the "fan" flowers but never thought to punch the edges..fantastic!!! Thanks for sharing!

LISA said...

Hi Sheila!!! Your flower came out amazing!!! Thank you so much for the shout out!! I just cruised around your blog a while and your work is amazing!! This LO is beautiful!!! I love it!! cute cute photo's!! I will surely be following your work now!!

Sharon said...

Beautiful layout!! Love the flowers, colors, bling, just everything!! Awesome!!!!! :)

Debbie said...

Love this layout! Wonderful paper, adorable pictures and I love the technique you used to make the flowers!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

She is a cutie! Your page is lovely too, love the colors and your flowers are gorgeous!!!! Thanks for sharing another cool technique. Happy Tuesday!

flowerdisco said...

sheila.....beautiful. absolutely stunning. Tfs the tut on the flowers and for showing those magnolia ones. enabler!!!! lol

Cheryl Boglioli said...

This came out absolutely fabulous. I love EVERYTHING you included on this page. And that little girl is awfully darn cute too. :-)

shanna said...

I love this layout. It is beautiful

scrappinlil said...

Wow you did an awesome job. I love the details, the birdie, the flowers, the pic...oh heck I love it all....stunning. I really love the title and the way you did your own handwriting to journal....TFS

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Elements post on May. 26, 2010. Thanks again.

Valerie said...

What a stunning layout! All the details are beautiful. Thanks for playing along at Fantabulous Cricut:)

Magoo said...

ok, LOVE the flowers and STICKLES!!

What a beautiful layout with such a great colour pallette!!! I NEED lessons Sassy :) :)

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow. Even my DH said wow. These are beautiful and the tutorial is wonderful. Mind if I say you have a crafty mind?!!

Candace Pelfrey said...

STUNNING!! Love those flowers!! Thanks for joining us at FCCB!

Anonymous said...

Just catch up on read your blog. I have miss much as I been busy with rehab again. Your project are great and creative.
TFS. Good luck with pool this weekend. We have 18 x 33 above ground with steps for me to get in. Water therapy is helpful
Enjoy
margie
3m@charter.net

BrendaB said...

Beautiful! I just love all the extras you put on this page - the stickles, the flourish, the little bird. Thanks for taking the FCCB challenge this week!

Lori (THCEO) said...

This page is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love the details and the colors and everything! And I love how you detail each step of the process. Thanks so much for playing along with us at FCCB! :)