May 6, 2010

Forever Young With Just A Hint Of Sass!

Ready for a night out.... Well this little purse is just perfect for holding a gift card or two or three for a night out on the town!!! And so easy to make everyone will want to give this rather than a plain old cart holder.
As you can see it looks elegant be it in the day light or evening.
I chose papers from HL's (Hobby Lobby) specialty papers.... I always stock up when they are on sale. Be be prepared as they are hard to cut and hard to glue on. It takes 6 cuts on a #6 to do the job. When you are done pull off the blade housing and clean it out so your blade will cut properly next time you use it.
Here is how it looks on my Gypsy I didn't alter anything with the design but I did add the little rectangle so the bottom of the box would be covered too as it really has a nicer or more completed look. I think I used George or Gypsy Wanderings for that.
I used the accrylic from the cart box to make the sunglasses.
This glitter paper is almost impossible to get something to adhere to it. I find this Zip Dry works the best yet even with the Zip Dry be very generous with the glue.
The first thing I did after cutting was score the purse.
After scoring I adhered the outer laver of my purse.
I really want you to see how heavy I put the glue on becasue it really is a mess to try to reglue later.
After I glued the pieces on I used a crystal candle holder for the weight and let it sit for 10 minutes as I wanted it good and dty.
Then I put my inside pieces together as shown and applied glue to it and drew up the side to it and held while it dried... I did that while I was on the phone...
Then I added my beading and viola, it is done! How easy is that? And doesn't it look cute?
I think the sunglasses give it a finished look!
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
I hope you liked today's little project from the Forever Young Cart. This is one little purse that I will make over and over and I hope you do too. I did not offer a cut file as I did not alter the file at all it is button 35.signature

15 comments:

Doris P. said...

OMG OMG that is awesome!! I have so much to learn and discover.... thanks!!

papillon digital design said...

It's a sassy purse for sure!!Great job. Love the blings.. And the glasses - A cool touch!! Claps

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

This is soooo cute! Love the colors and the bling. Thank you so much for taking the time to give us directions. Happy Thursday!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh yes, it's a Sassy purse. I don't think it could be any cuter... love love it

Beth said...

Wowza, I love this purse, papers, everything about it.

Kudo's

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I left you a comment on Tuesday's treats about the little piece you added, but was also wondering what kind of paper you used? You said HL,,, I don't know what that stands for... Thanks Shelia, this is just too cute.

Audrey Frelx said...

Sheila, so, so cute!!! I love it!

Granny said...

This is so pretty I wish I were getting it for Mother's day filled with gift cards, do you need my address?

flowerdisco said...

Sheila...my sassy lady...this is a sassy purse. the pp is gorgeous too. love it. tfs! and the closure is so very pretty too.

MIssScrapAlot said...

This is just precious!!!!!! I love the colors and paper design!! TFS!!!

wyme98@yahoo.com

Debbie said...

I absolutly LOVE this purse. It is just beautiful like all of your projects. Wish I could find the pattern. I've looked everywhere, but cannot find it. I have an Expression but very few cartridges. Can you point me in the right direction?

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This is the Forever Young cartridge at PC, button #35 and it is so simple.... I wanted to do an easy project and this fits the bill. You will love how easy it goes together.

Snowmanlover said...

HI, I'm visiting!! Gorgeous purse!!! b

Cheryl Boglioli said...

Those glitter pages are hard to cut. But they look so pretty. (have you noticed most of them stink though???)

How cute that you added the little glasses and took pics in an evening and daytime setting. Wonderful little touches there.

Sentimental Scrapper said...

The purse is gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing!