May 3, 2010

Princess Box

I am Lori Apgar and I am honored to be a Guest Designer once again on Sassy's blog!!



I made this Princess Box from the Sweet Treats cartridge.





I opened a 12 x 24 mat on my Gypsy and grouped the box & crowns and sized them 3" tall. I ungrouped them and moved the crowns under the box on the mat. I changed the size of the mat to 12x12.


I added a second page and copied the crowns onto it. I flipped one crown (side to side) and added the hearts and swooshes sized to 3 inches.


I cut out the box using double sided paper from a Heritage style of paper that I bought a long time ago. One side is black with small grey and white flowers and the other side has words and signatures (from mail) in creme, black and gold.


I used a metalic gold paper to cut out the crowns and the handle. I cut the heart out of hot pink and the swooshes out of black. My pink paper did not stick the first time. I made sure my file was saved THEN I deleted everything from the page except the hearts and re-cut. I did not save these changes.




I scored the box but kept it flat so I could glue on the crowns.

I ran the crowns through the xyron and stuck them on the box.

I used Golden Rod stickles to add details to the crown and outline the heart I used Diamond stickles on the swoosh.



I originally planned on using hot pink ribbon for the handle. The ribbon would not stay up and the gold paper looked better, so I switched. To cover up the hole on the side of the box, I put a hot pink gem.




I added part of my hot pink boa inside the box, since that was my inspiration for using pink instead of red.

Many of you know I have all boys (dirty, stinky boys ~ he he) and I don't make many sparkly, feathery projects. This was fun! Thanks for having me Sassy!!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

14 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Adorable little box! See you should have had a few little girls! Very cute and the directions you offer make it easy to follow. I think you should make more 'girly' things!

Anonymous said...

Love it!

papillon digital design said...

very cute box. TFS

Barb Craft said...

Adorable box!! I don't have that cart but I might just have to get it now!! These would be perfect for a little princess party!!
Barb :)

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh how adorable, as I was looking at it, I thought I need to get that cart. out and play with it.

Carrie K said...

very cute! I had dirty stinky boys too but my first 3 grandchildren are girls- WooHoo!

flowerdisco said...

dear sassylady...you got a very nice designer's crew here. I have been enjoying every single one and Lori's box/bag/basket is just one more beautiful example of your talented and very creative designer's.
Lori, thanks so much for the excellent tut.

hugs to all!!!

Becky Roper said...

Super cute!

Audrey Frelx said...

Lori, that's a cute-cute-cute box!!! TFS

kimmie said...

this is so cute lori! good job!

Jodie R said...

Once again, we realize why your store was number one in sales for Cricut/Gypsy. Lori this is awesome! My little girl would love these. Maybe I need to have an end of the school year party and make some of these!

Kathryn said...

Lori, love it!!! I will have to make some and give them out to cute little ones on Halloween. My DD likes it, but says that she is to old for it now. She is only 9!!! They grow up to fast now.

Thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

Thank you all for the blog love!! It was a fun box to make!!

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Such a cute box!! You did a great job Lori!