December 11, 2010

All That Glitter Blog Hop - Gypsy Made Simple Christmas Cards

Well it is finally time to kick off this Wonderful All That Glitters Blog Hop with a Great Feature Design and Blog Candy to boot! Today I am featuring this years Christmas cards made especially from a Gypsy Made Simple format by revisiting a card that we learned to make. This will show you the importance of having a couple of fast and easy templates so you can design, cut and put together a project in just minutes!!!
When you look at these cards you will think that it took a long time to make but they were just so easy. You can find instructions for a card of this type on Gypsy Made Simple Partial Shape Card it only takes a few minutes to design and even less is you have the template already saved on your Gypsy.

I first started with my A2W template saved on my Gypsy and with the addition of 1 piece of art I had a unique and beautiful card. Isn't this adorable? I love all the glitter and shine on this card.. The paper is awesome from My Mind's Eye Christmas stack.  What I love is that I matched the glitter stripe of the paper and the glitter ornament. I must say this is just a sample card!!! Yup, I said sample. After designing it and putting it together I altered the design and came up with a stronger version of this card that you see at the very top of this post. I find too often people don't share their first attempts at making that beautiful card, I always picture my favorite designers as always getting it right the first time. Not so with me, I think I am more of the norm, and try a few things to get it just the way I want. I still use the attempts as they are nice too. I thought I would share that learning and trying process with you today.

First off I thought the card looked a little too busy and it really is dainty so I thought number one the next card would keep the pattern in the same direction. Now it will be impossible to match a stripe perfectly so the next will be just a pattern of sorts. Then I will strengthen the card by making less of a gap on the front of the card as the ornament is fragile like a glass ornament would be.
After I cut the card I scored it.
I originally designed two up so I have two cards of the same design. In this photo you can see how fragile the ornament actually is.
I lined the inside of the card with the same paper but the opposite direction.... after the card was done although it turned out beautiful, I wanted more emphasis on the ornament.
See what I mean, it is too busy for my taste, so we will have two like this and future ones will be adjusted.
This is my sentiment area and I really would like more room to write on.
Now to make the beautiful ornament you need to run front side down and when you take it out make sure you press it down and remove the little bit of excess glue.
I had two sheets of paper all ready to sprinkle on so that I could create a little crease and funnel the left over glitter back in the appropriate jars.
I used a tweezers to hold my ornament in place and sprinkled on the little silver top.
Then I sprinkled glitter on the balance of the ornament.
After that was complete I set the ornament on a single piece of card stock and covered it with another.
I then sandwiched it as shown above and ran it through my Cuttle Bug back and forth a couple of times. This kind of presses the glitter right into the glue and it seems to hold better. I doesn't come off as readily and I really like the look when it is completed. If you would prefer to see a video on how easy this is to do, click here, it is the 2nd video.
Then because my art work was so delicate I ran it through the Xyron again and VERY CAREFULLY placed it on the card.
Doesn't that look awesome? I think so too, but I also thought I could come up with a better design so... here goes... What do you think of this one?
I love the large snowflake and the thickness of it. It can be used with any paper. This one just happens to have snowflakes all over it than also shimmer.
And with another background paper just shimmering with the Paper form My Minds Eye Christmas stack.

And still another. This year I stuck with this design and went through the Christmas stack offering many different colors but all with the same design.  
Here is a view of the card standing, I think it has an awesome presence.
And the inside of the card offers more room to stamp on a greeting or write a little note. What do you think. Ornament or Snowflake? I chose the snow flake and am now mass producing.

Just thought I would show your one more photo of the side view so you could see these cards just sparkle. Justin said I sprinkled special Grandma magic on it!!!
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed today's project and come back to see us again. You can find instructions for a card of this type on Gypsy Made Simple Partial Shape Card it only takes a few minutes to design. Putting it together takes a little longer like all projects with glitter, but I think they are definitely worth making.   Be sure to leave a comment on this post as you will be entered into a drawing for this lovely gift. Now you must be a follower to qualify and I want to know what was your favorite Gypsy Made Simple Project is. Contest ends on Monday evening December 13th at 8:00PM. Winner will be announced at 5am on the 14th. Good luck and thanks for being a loyal follower.


Now if you haven't been to see any of these sites yet just start at the top and work you way back to me, you know how I love when you visit me! Don't forget to go see each one of these blogs as not only will you see some gorgeous Christmas ideas but many are offering blog candy to boot!!!
The Cricut Couple
The Cricut Diaries
Daily Grace Creations
Gaby Creates
Love, Laughter, and Creations
MelissaMade
And then you are back here at She's A Sassy Lady
I sure hope you enjoyed today's project. Be sure to stop by tomorrow for yet another Christmas project and MORE ALL THAT GLITTERS BLOG CANDY!
signature
Post a Comment