December 4, 2010

Gypsy Made Simple - Christmas Tags

Ho, Ho, Ho Merry Christmas! And who wouldn't want a gift with this beautiful tag on it? Well today on Gypsy Made Simple we will revisit our templates and fill a space to make a quantity of an item. I chose to make a Christmas tag and would suggest you do the same so that you are creating some thing you can use this holiday season.
I had the sillies when I taped this video. We put up our tree over the weekend and this little snow globe in the video was a gift that my grandson Justin gave me last year. Well that is how I woke up this morning with my grandson playing this little snow globe for me telling me to get up before I missed my special time with him!

In this first video you will spend just a couple of minutes designing your project within the parameter of a space. I my example I used and 8 1/2x11" to fit on card stock very easily. It offered me 4 Christmas tags for the size I wanted and I utilized the balance of the sheet for tags to put on cards.
On the left is a photo of my screen and on the right the cut pieces.


In this video you will learn how I to put together my tags with a very easy way of adhering glitter so it will stay on. It is a nifty little trick that is a must do with glitter.

This is just a close up of the tag when completed. Click on the photo if you would like to see a close up.
Well that is it for today, I sure hope you like this easy Christmas project. I sure had fun making it. I thought I would give you a little peek of the back of the tag. Sorry I did blot out the to as this is one of the Secret Santa gifts that all of the bloggers are doing in our blog hop. So shhh if you figured out who it is for, don't tell.
Now I challenge you to make any item in multiples on your template. It must be something you can use for Christmas, preferably a gift tag. Then link it up to my blog for all to see your beautiful creation.
If you have any questions or ideas for future Gypsy Made Simple videos please contact me at ShesASassyLady@hotmail.com. Thank you.
Thank you for you sweet - sweet words. Your comments are always an inspiration and keep me sharing with you.
signature

15 comments:

J said...

Sheila,
Thank you for such a wonderful idea. I think a Xyron is next on my wish list!!
Jaylene

Stacy said...

Sheila,
This is such a great project, I absolutely love it. I can't wait to get started.
Hugs
Stacy

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Sheila - what a seriously sweet snowglobe - I had never seen an electronic snowglobe until now! LOL - love these tags - that big chunky MS glitter looks like little ice crystals!! Love it!
hugs
M

Anonymous said...

SO pretty!!!! TFS! :-)
-Sam :-)

Unknown said...

What a great project!! And Bless You!! Love your videos!

flowerdisco said...

Sassy...I entered my garland. I couldn't resist :)

Great snowflakes. I am making some tomorrow for my front window ;)

Debbie said...

Beautiful snowflake tags Sheila! Love the glitter! They are so sparkly!!!! Happy Holidays!

Unknown said...

These are beautiful and so easy! Thanks for the idea!

MLiss3 said...

Beautiful snowflakes. Have never used the bigger glitter. Can't wait to try it!
Thanks again for another video.

June said...

Absolutely Gorgeous!!! Love that glitter and how it sparkles!!! I can't wait to try out the cuttlebug trick!! TFS and the inspiration!!!

Angi Barrs said...

Beautiful snowflakes. I love all of the blingy glitter too. :)

Marilyn said...

Your videos are so appreciated! Thank you Sheila.

Bamabel said...

What adorable tags! These would be the perfect touch to any present! Great idea Sheila!

GabyCreates.com said...

Ditto on everybody's comment, but I want to specialy thank you for the "run it throught the cuttlebug" tip!

Shari said...

beautiful tags, love that course glitter, it really does look like snow.