December 12, 2010

All That Glitters Blog Hop - Christmas Wreath

For today's project in our All That Glitters Blog Hop I offer you this wonderful wreath that adorns our front door. Isn't this just  GORGEOUS!!! It is so sparkly and full of glitter it just shimmers in the sun during the day and sparkles from the light at our entry at night. Be sure to see the bottom of this post for the many other links to the All That Glitter Blogs and opportunity to win some Great Blog Candy! Your eyes will be full and your mind filled with wonderful craft and gift ideas for this Christmas Season when you check out all the links.
I just love this wreath it was just so easy to make as I took all the short cuts and would love to share them with you! First I bought all my items, I did not make a one! I took advantage of the sales that were going on so here is my final list.
Item                            Store                       Original Price            Total Paid
Wreath                       Hobby Lobby                 7.99                     4.00
3 Candy Picks            Hobby Lobby                 2.27each              3.40
3 Lime Bell Picks        Hobby Lobby                 1.99each              2.98
Light Bulb Ornaments  Hobby Lobby                 5.99                     3.00
Lime Bow                   Hobby Lobby                 5.49                     2.75
4 Glittery Poinsettias   Walmart                          4.00                     4.00
4 Lime Ornaments      Walmart                         1.00                      1.00
3 Lime Picks              Walmart                          3.00                     3.00
Flocking Spray            Michael's                       3.69used 1/2        1.85
                                                        Total           43.94          I Paid   25.98
Note if I had my Christmas decorations down from the attic it would have cost even less as I could have used ornaments that I already had. This was so easy to do!!!  All you need to do is grab your glue gun and  get to work...
Well this is how we start with a crumpled up wreath. I bought if from Hobby Lobby. The first thing you do is start pulling it apart all the little branches need to be pulled out and fluffed up just like an artificial Christmas tree.
After my wreath was pulled out I took some left over paper and a garbage bag and covered the grass and sprayed the flocking powder on the wreath. In all honesty I don't know if the flocking will remain on the wreath during some of the heavy rains we get her in Alabama in the winter months. Great news we had heavy rains yesterday and the flocking remained on the wreath!!! It will look good either way though as my ornaments are so bright and glittery.
I laid out all my pieces next to the wreath on my counter, making sure the packages were opened and all the tags were off. First I attached the bow with a bread tie to the wire frame. Then I placed the pointsettas on. Then I added the picks by either wrapping around the wire base of the wreath or using the glue gun.
I just love glittery objects don't you? See all I did was add a little glue, and put it in place on the wreath. The flocking was all over my fingers from reaching in the branches. This was so much fun.
Here is a close up of it sitting on the dining room table... be sure to click on the photo to enlarge it. It just glitters and sparkles!
Here is a close up, see the glitter on the pointsettas? This is just so pretty.
Another close up showing off the non traditional colors in this wreath.
The bells reflecting the glitter of the ornament as well as reflected the light.
I wanted to finish my entry so I wanted  a small Christmas tree in the urns beside my front door.  So I followed the same steps except I just added adorned the trees each with a package of 27 multi-colored small ornaments and placed them in the urns.
Well from My Home To Yours May You Have All That Glitters This Christmas Season!
Be sure to leave a comment here if you like my home entryway and you will be entered in My All That Glitters Blog Candy contest!!! (Note: you must be a follower to win). I want to know how you decorate the outside of your house. You see we have no little ones anymore so we keep it simple yet, my heart just yearns for the days gone by when our children eyes just lit up as they saw the many decorated homes.
Now if you haven't been to see any of these sites yet just start at the top and work you way back to me, you know how I love when you visit me! Don't forget to go see each one of these blog as not only will you see somegorgeous Christmas ideas but many are offering blog candy to boot!!!










The Cricut Couple
The Cricut Diaries
Daily Grace Creations
Gaby Creates
Love, Laughter, and Creations
MelissaMade
And then you are back here at She's A Sassy Lady
I sure hope you enjoyed today's project. Be sure to stop by tomorrow for yet another Christmas project and MORE ALL THAT GLITTERS BLOG CANDY!
signature
Post a Comment