December 18, 2010

Glitter Christmas Ornaments


Don't you just love bright shiny ornaments on your Christmas tree? Today I am so excited to share this wonderfully easy way to make Christmas ornaments with you. You need very few supplies; just some Future floor wax,  glass ornaments, glitter and ribbon.
First I assemble all my supplies.
Remove the little lids off of each ornament and put down something to protect your work surface in case of spills.
Pour a small amount of Future floor wax into the glass ball and gently swirl to cover the entire inside of the ornament. You do not want air bubbles. Poor back excess into the wax bottle.
Add glitter to the inside of the ornaments and once again gently swirl until completely covered. pour off excess onto card stock that has 1 fold for ease of putting back into the glitter jar.
I then placed decorator hooks on each ornament. I picked these up at Target; they were only $4 for 16 hooks.
I made 35 ornaments (broke 1 trying to get it out of the packaging. Aren't they beautiful? They just shimmer in the light.

Now I will place a bow on each one, and then they will make the perfect gift for neighbors, co-workers, teachers and even friends at church. Everybody collects beautiful ornaments and each year as they are placed on the tree they will remember the person that gave it to them. What a wonderful little gift.

Here are a few photos of ornaments on my tree that are made this way. If you want a closer look just click on the photo.
Now wasn't that easy? And just in time for Christmas. It took me and hour and a half to make all the ornaments while I was visiting with my daughter and then I added the bows in no time at all. I sure hope you enjoyed today's little project.
Gypsy Made Simple will return after the holidays, and I can't wait to have my morning coffee with you. Have a great day.
Thank you for your sweet words of inspiration; your comments continue to inspire me to keep sharing with you.
signature

11 comments:

Josie0602 said...

I made these for my grandchildren and nieces and nephews too and thanks to your wonderful tutorials, I made little boxes to how off the gift. Merry Christmas!!

Bamabel said...

These are just adorable! My Mom makes these for her students every year and they always love them! They look so good on any tree!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

soooo pretty!!!!

Mandy said...

Wow, those are awesome! Had no idea you could use floor wax for something like that! I can't wait to try it out!

scrappinlil said...

Wow, these are gorgeous..I Love the glitter effect...I might have to give these a try. Thanks for inspiring me!

Jodie R said...

Beautiful, Sheila! I'm going to make these next year with my DD! Thank you for the lesson!

Barb Craft said...

These are gorgeous! I love that they were so simple yet looks so amazingly gorgeous! Thanks for the tute!
barb :)

Larelyn said...

I think these are just so pretty. I have all my materials so I'm giving them a try! Merry Christmas, Sheila. Have a beautiful holiday.
Hugs,

Liberty Lyn said...

Magic ornaments. Thanks for the details. You are always generous with your work and ideas. Merry Christmas and a Happy Crafting New Year!

Kristin said...

Wow so pretty , I am going to try these!! TFS

C&M Creations said...

These are gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for such a great simple idea!