December 7, 2010

Simple Christmas Favors

SIMPLE is the key word here and so welcomed by your guests. This is Sheila from Shes A Sassy Lady and today I want to share this wonderful Christmas treat with you. These sour cream containers are filled with red and green M&M's. Yummy. You see I needed fast goodies to take to our Sunday School Christmas party that added a little color to the decor. Well I had seen Okie's video on making the sour cream containers but she adorned hers with scalloped tags stamped and stickled and I thought no way I didn't have time to be that creative sooo.... I used paper that said Merry Christmas and purchased a couple of sheets at my local Hobby Lobby for 50% off and went to work. I give you permission (sometimes we need someone to do that for us) to keep it simple too.
As soon as I got back from the store I cut all the paper into 4.25x5.50. So I got 4 per 8.50x11 sheets of paper.
Then I gathered all my supplies; my paper, M&M's, my Pink ATG, a crimper, and a little measurer for placing the M&Ms in the containers.

Place glue on three edges as shown; the 2 long and 1 narrow edge.

Now you make a little tube as shown.

Then you fold in half as shown closing the side evenly.
Then you place it in the crimper and turn 3 to 4 clicks. I like the look of the 4 click.
See how nice that edge looks. Now all you need to do is place your M&M's inside the container. I used a scoop and a half each of a coffee measure which I believe is a tablespoon. Then all you do is close the other side in the opposite direction and crimp that end.

Now isn't that adorable. Just perfect. Now all I need to do is keep going.
For the purpose of planning this is what 1 12.60 oz bag will make, 12 containers. So I made 3 dozen and it took just over an hour. Now that is an easy project that is sure to put a smile on the receivers face and not much of your precious time. I really felt a sense of accomplishment when I finished.
That's all for today's little project. Now wasn't that easy and so much fun to do. I sure hope that I helped you today by giving you a simple project that can be used for so many different things. You have a great day and thanks for stopping by The Bug Bytes and Shes A Sassy Lady today.
Thank you for your sweet words of encouragement as they continue to inspire me to keep sharing with you.
signature

18 comments:

tt.scraps said...

Thanks for the tutorial....it does look easy!!! It is nice to have 'permission' to keep it simple! Thank you! :)

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Great idea, Sheila!!

Angi Barrs said...

What a great tutorial. I love quick & easy. Will try these for sure. So perfect for Christmas. :)

Debbie Bakk said...

What a cute and simple project- I never thought to crimp the edges like that thanks for sharing and I'm sure everyone will love these little sweet pouches there so festive.

Granny said...

This is just perfect for me to make for my circle. TFS

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Love it! Sometimes simple is PERFECT. What a great way to use up paper.

papillon digital design said...

Cute project! TFS

cricaholic said...

THANK YOU!!! Those are GORGEOUS!!!
I've been racking my brain trying to think of "simple" for work(I need 50) and I forgot all about these!!! these are quick and simple. THANKS!!!! and I've seen the paper at my HL too.

Unknown said...

Cute and simple! TFS! ;)

Celeste B. said...

I think I'm going to have to make some of these for my little girls class. Thanks for the idea! :)

Thienly Azim said...

What a great idea to use the crimper. I have that collecting dust. Time to get it out. Thanks for the great tutorial!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Sheila - I love these - sounds like a quick and easy little project too - perfect for Christmas time!!! Thanks for sharing the tutorial!
Hugs,
Melissa

GabyCreates.com said...

Ok, I just had one of those aaaaaaah moments! That's how you do it?!! (which makes it a great tutorial) Thanks you so much!!... now you are just making me go shopping for a crimper!! Gaby

Bamabel said...

These are awesome! I need a crimper so I can make some of these! :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE these!!! I'll have to find a crimper so I can make them. TFS!!! -Sam :-)

Lisa said...

Thanks so much for an easy project! I think I can make these up for class treats.

Shari said...

How easy was that? Great for stocking stuffers or for a candy bow. I think I will make some for work. wonder where my Crimper is. I haven't used it in forever.
Thanks,
Shari . . .

flowerdisco said...

love making them. they are so much fun and easy to make. tfs.