December 13, 2010

All That Glitters - Jesus Is The Reason For The Season


This is the last day of our All That Glitters Blog Hop and opportunity for a chance to win some Great Blog Candy. I decided that I would share my favorite design. I actually made last year. I love this Christmas page and it adorns the entry of our home when you walk in. It is that wonderful reminder of what this season is all about. You see we all run around preparing, shopping, wrapping, eating, partying and so on but we need to sometimes just stop and reflect on what is important. We are celebrating the birth of a baby on Christmas, the promised Messiah and I love that when I enter my home it puts all back into perspective and I immediately slow down and reflect on my Lord and Savior.
This is just a scrapbook page that is wonderful not only as a Christmas decoration for the holidays, but when thats over I place it back in my scrapbook where it starts the Christmas section.

I spent three to four hours designing this page on my Gypsy and then another 5 or 6 putting it together. I used a frame that I purchased from Creative Memories many years ago that was never used. It is perfect for this project.
I have included the instruction if you perfer to make on your own. Or if you prefer the Gypsy file is my gift to you if you would like to have this page in your home. Here is the recipe and instructions:
Materials:     4 sheets of 12x12 cardstock/paper your choice of color.
                    1 Sheet 8 1/2x11 white cardstock.
                    1 small 5x5 scrap paper
                    Glue
                    skittles, diamonds amout per taste
                     frame of your choice - I used CM as after season over I will insert page in my scrapbook
                     to start Christmas pages.
Carts: Gypsy Font, Gypsy Wonderings, Joys Of The Seasons

I worked the design on a 12x24" mat on the Gypsy to allow more room to maneuver letters and switched to 12x12 after completed.
  1. Outline square at 8", surrounded by shadow letters from GF at 2" high on the page 1 of my LO. All letters welded together. Many times letter widths were changed to make the word fit.
  2. Using the cutout GF at 2" height form letters in a square. This time adjust each letter to individually place to insure perfect shadowing, again many letters will need to be adjusted to fit within the outline letters. I did weld letters so not every letter is placed individually.
  3. Another square is made this within the 2nd page this time at 7 1/2" allowing it to float on page and background square to show through as a shadow.
  4. On page 3 on my gypsy I used JOTS for a light piece of greenery at 3.64wx1,12h forming a square centered over the prior two welding it together for one cut. I also cut 4 strips at 1/4" wide from this left over paper so don't throw out.
  5. On page 4 I made the words King 1.25h and Lord 1.5h to hang on frame. Also on separate sheet, The Christmas story from Luke was printed on the 8 1/2x11 sheet of paper.
  6. Put together, shadow letters first, ornately cut letters next, colored square place on top of shadow square. Then place 1/4" colored strips within both squares so the shadow color doesn't overwhelm. Add greenery and place diamonds and skittles to your preference. Then center Bible passage under the squares as if framed.
  7. Flip over adhere double sided foam squares and attach to your background paper. Frame or place in your scrapbook.
My Christmas gift to you if you would like it is the file for this wonderful page. Here is a link for Jesus Is The Reason For The Season. Here is the link for the PDF Bible Passage in Luke on the Birth Of Jesus.

Be sure to leave a comment on this post as you will be entered into a drawing for this lovely Creative Memories album complete with pages and page protectors. Now you must be a follower to qualify and please share what your favorite Christmas memory is. Contest ends on Monday evening December 13th at 8:00PM. Winner will be announced at 5am on the 14th. Good luck and thanks for being a loyal follower.


Now if you haven't been to see any of these sites yet just start at the top and work you way back to me, you know how I love when you visit me! Don't forget to go see each one of these blogs as not only will you see some gorgeous Christmas ideas but many are offering blog candy to boot!!!

A Place For my Cards
The Cricut Couple
The Cricut Diaries
Daily Grace Creations
Gaby Creates
Love, Laughter, and Creations
MelissaMade
And then you are back here at She's A Sassy Lady
I sure hope you enjoyed today's project. Be sure to leave your comment with your favorite Christmas memory for your chance to win my ALL THAT GLITTERS BLOG CANDY!
signature
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Post a Comment