December 29, 2010

Not A Stamper - You Can Be - Part 2

Hi Ya Everyone!
  This is Melissa again from MelissaMade and I'm so excited to be doing an extra spot here at She's A Sassy Lady to provide you with more inspiration for using stamps even if you don't like to color.  Last time I taught you how to paper piece.  Today, I will teach you how to make your own paper using digital stamps.  I use a program from Microsoft Office called PowerPoint which is a presentation program.  You can use any program that will allow you to use and manipulate pictures.  I will show you with PowerPoint but you can adjust for your own needs.  First, I insert a picture and here I'm using a digital stamp from Christy Croll at Tiddly Inks called Schoolgirl and she comes with a number of books which I use for both images:
Next, I adjust the size of  the book. 

Then I insert another image from Tiddly Inks

These two images will form the images for my digital paper.  Next, I copy the images repeatedly to allow a whole row of images and paste them twice.  In order to line up the images I use the line tool and draw a straight line and place it under the images and adjust them to line up. 

At this point I select all the images at once - you can either hold down Control and the letter A at the same time or you can hold the control button down and select each image.  Once all the images are selected right click and group the images together. 

When they are grouped you can copy and paste them down the paper.  I like a bit of a staggered look so I staggered mine and added an extra image to the side and alternated each row.

I repeated this process until I had a whole page filled with these images.

 Next, I took a piece of paper from my Tim Holtz Ideology stack and cut it down to an 8.5 x 11 sheet.  I put it in my printer and printed my page.

I needed to add some masculine cards to my stash and thought a birthday card and matching bookmark would be appropriate.  I used the paper for both! 

This is a very short tutorial but one I love because you can have any type of paper you need.  You can also match digital images with background paper like I did for this card. 


Have a wonderful day and if you have any questions please do so in the comments.  Thank you so much for stopping by today and remember that I love comments!
Hugs,
Melissa

10 comments:

Debbie said...

Very clever! I never thought to use Power Point! Thanks Melissa!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This is wonderful. I have power point so this is someing that I definately need to try out. What a vast aray of opportunity this opens to all of us. Great card and wonderful tutorial. Thanks for teaching us this today.

Granny said...

What a lovely card. And your directions are so interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

Wow...what a great way to do it. :) And using software that is pretty much on everyone's computers....never thought to use powerpoint...you are a genius. :) Love the end product too...perfect. :)

Audrey Frelx said...

Great job, Melissa! And great instructions on how to use Powerpoint! I've used several programs but never even thought about Powerpoint!!! TFS!!!

Unknown said...

I need to try this!!!! Awesome "manly" card too!

GabyCreates.com said...

Melissa, Thank You! for giving me one of those DUH! moments to me! I work with Power Point everyday almost....
Super Cool idea and tutorial!
Gaby

Suz said...

This idea rocks! Can't wait to give it a try.

Marilyn said...

What a great idea! Thanks so much for teaching this technique!

Nanne said...

Oh wow! that is such a great idea.. would never of thought to use any computer images like that.. Love it and will definitely be using this idea soon..
Hugs
Nanné
P.s. Happy New Year Sheila..