August 23, 2011

Campin' Critters Tent and Card

Hello Crafty Friends,
Sherri here from Sherri's Crafty Place, I am so happy to be here today to share another project with you, Thank you so much Sheila for letting me visit you once a month.....
I just bought the Campin' Critters Cartridge and is it cute.....we love to camp so I knew I had to have this cartridge, I don't know about you but I just LOVE to open a new Cartridge, and look through the booklet, I think I look at it 3 times....right in a row...

as soon as I saw the 3D dome tent I knew that would be my first cut...so lets put it together.....
After choosing my Colours, I laid out the images on my Gypsy, to get the Largest Tent I could, I put the tent bottom on an angle on my screen.then using My Expression I cute out each piece.
and I made sure I keep all the pieces together, so I could easily identify each piece

using a bone folder, I scored all my marks, (there are little tick marks that show you where to score..
 and following the instruction from the book, I started adding pieces to the tent, using my ATG gun...
  and Scotch Quick Dry...(love this stuff) and it is strong enough to hold the little taps to the sides of the tent....
 here is the tent...almost done.
 this is the bottom of the tent, here you can see the green Fly can be glued or just tucked in, I choose to just tuck it in so the boy I am making this for can get in through the door or the top of the tent...

 here it is all done, so fun to put together......and  I think the perfect way to give a gift card.....my friends little boy just turned 7 and he loves to go camping, so I made this for my buddy Ivan, and used the tent to hold a gift card....
 now I could just give him the tent, I had to make a card to go with it.... so here is how I laid out my cardstack....
 and here it is cut out
 all cuts are from Campin' Critters except the Happy Birthday , that is from CAC. Campin' Critter even has a card function, this shape card is just too cute, and that little skunk roasting a marshmellow...love it...my buddy Ivan is the BEST marshmellow roaster, he makes me perfect toasty brown mashmellows everytime we are camping.....I also added some stickles to the fire,and some brown ink to the Marshmellow....
 the images from this cart are so easy to but together, only a few layers...super cute.....
 he LOVED his card and tent...and especially the gift card to the Game store....
Thanks so much for stopping by today...I hope you enjoyed my Project....
Happy Crafting!!!!!

❀Sherri❀

13 comments:

Bunnyfreak said...

Love the idea of using the dome tent to hold a gift card.

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Ok, how stinkin' cute is this little tent!!! I didn't even know that was on the cart! Thanks for sharing this Sherri!
hugs,
M

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

How cute is this!!! Love the little tent... what a great little gift holder. This is definately something I will have to try. My grandson is a boyscout and just loves camping... what a great gift idea. Thanks for sharing this with us today.

Dan and Heather said...

What an AWESOME idea! Love the little tent and card.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What a fabulous idea.. just too cute.

Audrey Frelx said...

Sherri, this is just tooooo cute. I love this little tent box and card!

I'll most definitely have to have a go at this one!!!

TFS!

Diane Hodrick said...

That is really cute!

Bamabel said...

This is just adorable! Even my hubby loved it!

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Sheila. I have a blog award for you on my blog. You can come over to grab it whenever you're available to do so!

Java Jen's Creations said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! Love this!! Thanks for sharing how the tent goes together! It really helps to see it! Great job!!

Anonymous said...

really cute.im loving this 3d projects from this cart.really cute card.amomicricut.blogspot.com

Cricut Couple said...

Ok... I had no idea what this cool stuff was available on that cartridge. Now I have to add it to my list. These projects are just adorable!!!

GabyCreates.com said...

Super duper cute!! have never tried making one! but now I will!... I just need time to create all this cute ideas!