August 3, 2011

A Helping Hand



Hi scrappers, this is Kate from Sassy and Scrappy! Today's post is not your usual craft project, it's actually a call for prayers and support. On Saturday the 23 of July, a close friend of mine found out her children's home was on fire. Her twin daughters and their families all live together on Bainbridge Island, WA where their significant others are Coast Guards. In a freak accident their home was gone, they lost everything. Thankfully everyone was able to get out of the house. Praise God.

As you can imagine the loss and fear of what could have happened is overwhelming. Trying to start over and build your life from scratch with 2 small children is difficult, to say the least. So I would like to ask all of you amazing and supportive crafty friends if you could send a card of encouragement. Something that may help lift their spirits as they make their way through this difficult transition.

As a friend of their mother I just felt at such a loss. I was out of town when the fire happened and couldn't be as supportive as I would have liked. But I did decide to make some thank you cards for them to send out to those who have donated clothing, kitchen supplies, toys, etc for their family. I used my Imagine to quickly create multiple cards.


It was so easy to print out multiple sentiments and background paper for my cards. One thing the Imagine has, can't recall if the E2 does as well, is an 'art quantity' button on the print screen. I simply told it how many of each sentiment I wanted, loaded white paper and off it went.



If you'd like to help out in any way here is the information:
Sutton/Durrant Families
Fort Street Fire Donations
321 High School Road NE
Suite D3 #232
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110

For more information and pictures please head to my friend's blog The Paper Midwife

Details:
  • Imagine More Cards Cricut Cartridge
  • Bazzil Smooth White Cardstock
  • Solid Cardstock, Buttons, Twine, Ink-Papertrey Ink
  • Stamped Sentiment-Penny Black "Mimi and Miles"
  • Sewing Machine
  • White Sakura Gelly Roll Pen
  • Ribbon-Kimberly at My Craft Spot
Thank you for stopping by today. Any help, a prayer or positive thought will go a long way! I appreciate all of you.



9 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Kate what a terrible thing they are going through and I am sure many will lift them in prayer and help where they can.
So sweet of you to make those cards for them I am sure they appreciated them. They are lovely. Isn't amazing how many ways we can use our equipment? Thanks for sharing this with us today.

SherriC. said...

I am sure they will appreciate these so much, I can't even imagine what they are going through, I will try to get a card out to them today....
thank you so much for sharing this today.....

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Kate - this is so sweet of you. They are in my thoughts and prayers...thanks for the information! Adorable cards too!
Hugs,
M

Unknown said...

What sweet cards you made for your friend's daughters and their families! I will make something next week when I am back from vacation!!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Mine is in the mail. Fortunately I had some cards at work and one was perfect for this time in their lives.

Java Jen's Creations said...

Oh my! That is so sad! What a great friend you are to do this!! Sending prayers and hugs for everyone!

Audrey Frelx said...

Kate, I am so sorry to hear this news, but thank God, they are all okay! But still such a tragedy to lose everything. They will be in my prayers!!!

I've written down the information and I'll be more than happy to send them a card. I know a flow of cards of support and encouragement will ease some of the pain.

Kate, your cards are beautiful and I know they'll appreciate your kindness!!!

Lisa said...

Poor things, glad to know that they are all safe but so sad to have lost everything. Thoughts and prayers to them and that is so very nice of you to make those cards for them. God Bless.

GabyCreates.com said...

Sorry to hear the sad news, but oh sweet and wonderful of you... they will love your cards!