August 5, 2011

Celebrate with a Bouquet

Hello
 This is Pam from The Bug Bytes & Papillon Digital Designs.
I am the guest designer (lol if you can call me that) today on Sassylady. Thank you Sheila for having me on as a one of your designers. The project for today is a card I call celebrate with bouquet. The image is a bouquet from dover greetings and the sentiment is celebrate. The whole card was cut with silhouette machine. This is such a lovely die cut machine especially for print and cut. It cuts only 8 1/2 x 11 papers though. Just wish they would come up with a 12 x 12 one. I use this machine rather than my knk machine for print and cut as this has an optical sensor which makes it so easy to print and cut as when you send the design to the printer with registration marks (it has 3 registration marks) it cuts so well  even if it cuts only size upto 8 1/2 x 11 but this will do most of the times as anyway most printers unless it is large format only prints this size max. (KNK machine and black cat machines have laser sensor which also works great but takes just a little more time as you have to to align the marks yourself using the laser)
I have used silhouette as it is easier but you can use your printer to print the dover image or any other image you like and any die cut machine and adapt for this card. For e.g you can just use any cardstock instead of printing one and use scallop design from one of cricut cartridge and use your DS or gypsy or craftroom for adjusting width and height and also maybe a different font. I just used the silhouette and for the image the lovely one form dover greetings book. I just love this book for card making. If you want to layer the butterfly and the bee as I have done then you have to print 2 and use your scissors if you don't have silhouette but I did lots of node editing and cropping to get the machine to cut.

Here is a screenshot of the silhouette studio file . I opened up 3 versions of the file so that I can fit and move images in the active cut area. Else you have to print and then cut it immediately and then send another to print and so on. If you open multiple windows then you print each in one shot and then make sure you open the right window for each and send to silhouette to detect and cut ( very important else you will have worng cuts).







I cut all except for envelope base using the white cardstock (the walmart ones are so great for this) . Then I assembled the card using pop dart and glue(ATG gun)and glue dots. I used 2 flower eyelets which I luckily had in same blue color as the background paper for inside of the card on the sentiment . Once can always enhance the lighter colors with copic or embossing but in this case I didn't have to do that.
Here is the card and envelope



I have added stickles - fruit punch and diamond as I love glitter. I stacked the bee with one layer of pop dots while the butterfly has 2 layers to raise it up further.





I added some doodling with black markers too on the card and envelope.
The inside of the card with the 2 flower eyelets on the label . I further added bling to the eyelets.


So here's the card and envelope once again




Hope you enjoyed the project. You will see more as I keep playing with dover book and silhouette machine. They sing such a great Duet together!
post signature

12 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Pam this is GORGEOUS! Love the color and design. The bling adds that finising touch. Thanks for sharing with us today.

Unknown said...

Beautiful Pam!! I always thought of digital projects as flat ~ love how you made this 3D!!!

Lisa said...

Pam, gorgeous project. Love the dimension and the colors.

Granny said...

Wow, this is beautiful. Love the colors and the dimension. TFS

Dan and Heather said...

Look how pretty this is. I love the bling on the butterfly. TFS

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful card. TFS
Sue

Angi Barrs said...

Gorgeous. Love the pop up dimension. :)

Audrey Frelx said...

Pam, I absolutely adore this!!! I'm really going to have to take a peek at and play with that Silhouette software!!!

LOL... for some reason I can't imagine you as a guest here!!!

Great job and so glad you're better -- shows in your project!

Kraftychick said...

Hey Pam - super project!! and they are coming out with a 12x12 Silhouette called the "Cameo" - it will be out in October and I'm seriously considering getting it!
TFS!
jackie

GabyCreates.com said...

Great 3D card Pam. I love my Silhouette! and can't wait for the 12x12!... I know I have all things Cricut, but also all things Silhouette and others!

Cricut Couple said...

Wow! Lost of amazing work! Just love it!!!

Beth said...

Oh, this is beautiful. I love this Pam. Thanks so much for the tutorial