August 20, 2011

Gypsy Made Simple - A ScrapLift On Saturday Morning!

I am so excited to share this post with you as I am scrap lifting a scrap lift!!! I found a yummy card over at Everything Digital Scrapbooking done by Bunnyfreak (Heather is her real name, I wrote her to find out). She played along with us on one of my challenges and made this gorgeous card. Well seeing I just purchased this cart and hadn't done a card yet with it, I decided to scrap lift her idea. Now I made it and so did she from my template. I changed it up a little just so I could call it my own, and I really like how my card turned out. But I still like her card a lot! She thought to use her cuttlebug, I forgot! Either way they are cute as can be and you can get my free file at the end of this post.
Now grab a cup of coffee, get your Gypsy turned on and let's get to work and make a couple of cards. Make sure you use my Tri-Fold Template and add the artwork you want.


This quick little video will show you the card I designed a make sure that you get everything going in the right direction. I did my card 2 up so that I would make 2 complete cards.

These are the papers I picked out. The pattern papers are from K and Company and the solids are from Coordination's.
Here is a close up of how I scored the card.


I did ink the edges of the heading as you can see one is done and the next I am ready to do.


I inked the edges of the little bird also. All the little parts were now prepared for a quick assembly.
After I had everything ready for assembly I put them in little Zip Lock bags and set them aside until I had time to assemble them. When they reach this point you can assemble anywhere with a little Zip Dry glue and 5 or 6 minutes of time. Often times I carry little kits like this to work and assemble on my lunch or even a break.


This is just a quick video showing you just how easy it is to put one of these little cards together.
I sure hope you enjoyed today's little scrap lift. I challenge you to make a project, ANY PROJECT and link it on this site. I really want to see what you made... you never can tell yours might be my very next scrap lift!
Bunnyfreak, please email me your name and address.  I have a little stamp set that I would like to send you, just a little something to say thanks for playing along! Email me at ShesASassyLady@gmail.com.
Click on this for your Tri-Cooking Card File
For the template Tri-Fold Template
Thanks for joining me today, I hope you enjoyed this post. Thank you for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. Your comments continue to inspire me!!! Now be sure to link up ANY project you make this week!

17 comments:

ottersln said...

Oh I adore that! It would be perfect for my brother as he is always grillin! Thanks so much for the inspiration. Let me see what I can come up with today. ;0)

Pat Bowman said...

Oh, this is just so cute! Love the grill cut out of glitter paper!

Audrey Frelx said...

Sheila, what an adorable card!!! Gee, I'm so out of tune with my Gypsy these days, I think I'll probably have to start all over using it...lol!!!

You did great on that sweet card -- I'll have to try this some time soon!

Hugs!

Kate said...

Sheila you are the queen of tri-fold cards! I really want to try one, hopefully I'll have time this week.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Shelia, this is so cute. I want to scrap lift it from you. I so enjoy your videos and I have learned so much from you, thanks for taking the time to do them. You are such an inspiration. hugs

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Shelia, I know you must get so tired of me asking.. but where would I find the 3 fold template? I am out of town till tomorrow but would love to try one. Thanks
Sandy

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

The front is as you look at it. Any of them that have the smallest section to the right you are looking at the front of the card and that will be your outside. Hope that helps.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Sandy I added it to this post. Have a great day.

Bamabel said...

How adorable is this! Love it Sheila!

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [21 Aug 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Dixieglitzie said...

just wanted to say thank you for sharing your work (and files) with us. i'm learning alot from you and enjoying your blog ooohhhhhh soooooo much. :) thanks again.

Cricut Couple said...

Fanny Fan Fan-Tastic!!! I just love it!!!

Unknown said...

Cute Scrap Lift Card!!! Thank you for letting us link up our projects!! I had 5 projects posted in 3 days and some of them got buried!! I love to share!!!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Super cute!! What a great card to scrap lift!! Gorgeous and I LOVE those papers! Thanks for the instructions!
hugs,
M

SherriC. said...

this is adorable!!!!!
love the papers.....
I am so addicted to your tri fold cards, I must start posting some of the ones I have made....
Thank you Sheila for all the GREAT videos.....

Shari said...

Love your scrap lift and all of your trifold cards. I downloaded the file but haven't tried them yet.

Congratulations on winning over at My Pink Stamper.

syoung6987 at aol dot com

Embroidery designs said...

oh, this is awesome.You did great job.