August 6, 2011

Gypsy Made Simple - One Design - 3 Different Cards

Hello, time to grab your coffee and turn on your Gypsy for this quick tutorial. It is all about planning. I don't know about you but I go through a ton of cards every year. I added it up last week and I am sending three or four birthday cards per month plus get well cards, friendship, encouragement, miss you and thank you cards. I am now sending out about one hundred cards per year, not including Christmas! That is a lot of cards so it takes planning.
Our Cricut machines offer us so much diversity that we could be creating forever! But, the problem is time. I have created 4 cards all with the same base but I changed out the tops. Above you will find two identical friendship cards using Camping Critters.
This cute little card boasts artwork from Hannah Montana and can be used for birthdays, friendship, encouragement and even for a get well card.
And this last card is t birthday card from my little Sassy Sissy, Carissa who is turning seven in August. Now all four cards have the same base from Elegant Edges.


This week it is all about planning and this short video will show you exactly what I did to create all 4 cards in 15 minutes. It did take about 45 minutes to cut out the cards but I think it was well worth the effort, don't you?

This last video shows me putting the first card together. Because of my talking it and figuring out the first card it did take me around 9 minutes. After that I spent 15 minutes assembling the last three. The owls only took 5 minutes to put together so I was thrilled to get all these cards done in less than two hours. I think this works great as we need a wide variety of cards as we all send so many out. It only makes sense to utilize our time efficiently in this manner.
I hope you enjoyed this post and if you are interested in this Gypsy file just click HERE for your copy.
I challenge you to make multiple cards this week and link it up. Two or more cards in one photo that are the same or similar.
Thank you for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. Your comments continue to inspire me.

9 comments:

The Cropping Canuck said...

I love this challenge idea!

papillon digital design said...

love how the cards turned out. What a great time saving idea.

Dan and Heather said...

These cards are adorable! Love all the designs. Thanks for the file.

Anonymous said...

What cute little cards. I love owls. TFS
Sue

Granny said...

Love the Pegasus card! Thanks for the directions guess I need to plan more. TFS

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! Just a note, the winged horse is called a Pegasus and a Unicorn is a horned horse which on rare occasion may be shown as a horned winged horse.

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Love this challenge Sheila. You help me love my Gypsy more and more everyday which I didn't think was possible.

GabyCreates.com said...

Great cards Sheila! and yes, you won! [smile]

Cricut Couple said...

So Cool Sheila!!! Love the owl cards in particular! So clever! I always love your gypsy made simple videos!!!