August 12, 2011

Fun Foam and Cricut---Consider the possibilities!

Hi! This is Jeannie with Nonna's Scraps; I am so happy to be here!
For a while I have wanted to cut Fun Foam successfully with my Cricut; not a pretty picture! After much internet research I am pretty excited!


Your Cricut
Gypsy
An older, less sticky mat
A permanent marker
Creatology Fun Foam: 1 strip 3" x 6"
Cardstock:
  • background color: 10. 5 x 3"
  • two decorative mats: 3.s5 x 2.75" each
  • two shapes to stamp: 3 x 2.5"
sentiment stamp of choice
embellishment of choice
repositionable Glue (I use Xyron)
Ink
acrylic stamp block
Cricut Shape Cartridge

The following series of videos will explain how to set up your machines and foam in order to have the best cuts.

Video 1: Setting up the Cricut


Video 2: Creating a Gypsy Template and setting up a cut


Video 3: Removing the foam from the mat and setting up the stamp.

The background card has quickly become one of my favorites. It is so versatile! Take the cut shape 10.5 x 3" . Along the 10.5" side, score at 3.5" and 7". Check out this video for folding and decorating!


Until next time, continue to sort through the scraps, to generate those gems!

6 comments:

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Fantastic! Thanks for the tutorial!!

Kimberly
My Craft Spot

Java Jen's Creations said...

Wow!! You put a lot of work in to this!! Thanks for the awesome tutorial! Great project!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a great tutorial Jeannie! Wonderful info that can be used by all. Thank you so much for sharing with us today.

Anonymous said...

Oh is this awesome. I really like this technique.
Sue

Dan and Heather said...

What a wonderful idea... I could really increase my stamp base with this. TFS

Audrey Frelx said...

Jeannie, what a great tutorial and such a clever idea!