August 18, 2011

Tissue Box with Gypsy!

My post today is more about me being stubborn persistent about
creating with my Gypsy/Expression a tissue box similar to one
I have recently posted that I created using my SilhouetteSD
and a Silhouette fileI purchased.

Last Saturday when I posted the tissue box, several people asked
me to share how I had created the tissue box.
My answer back then would have been
"I purchased a file and cut with my SilhouetteSD", but for those
that do not have the SilhouetteSD, now I can respond: with my
Gypsy/Expression.

Below are two pictures that illustrate what I posted and created with my
SilhouetteSD.

Below are pictures of the additional tissue box I created using
my Gypsy/Expression2
Below are pictures of the Silhouette file

And below you will find pictures of how I created the tissue box using
my Gypsy and the Planting SchoolBook cartridge.
I first cut the file as a trial run with this fluorescent orange paper for illustration purposes only
 Below I drew lines so you can see where the score line go
(I do not like to cut score lines with my Expression, I usually use the hide/contour
before I cut any of the cards, boxes or envelopes.
 After scoring you just adhere tacky tape to the upper tab/flap that you see below.
That's it, the box closes up without any additional adhesive.
 Below you can see that it fits the personal Kleenex or tissue packages OR you can
fill it up with a treat or gift of choice
 Below is an additional picture to show how the file empty space looks like.

Now it is ready to decorate with some twine or?!

Thanks for stopping by!  ~Gaby

16 comments:

Tanya said...

WOW!! This is soo neat!! Thanks for the great tutorial as well!!!

Hugs,
Tanya

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Gaby this is a wonderful little box. How great for the top of a desk in ones office. Thanks for the great tutorial. I just love how are Gypsy can make just about anything! Thanks for sharing with us today.

Bamabel said...

Well how adorable is this! What a great idea!!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Oh my how cute is this!! I love it!
TFS!
Hugs,
M

Sandy from Ukiah said...

How adorable.. I have always wished I had a Sihouette, but it sounds like I can do the same things with my gypsy. So cute

Bunnyfreak said...

Any hints or tips on how to create projects like this on the gypsy?

Audrey Frelx said...

Hey, Gaby!!! I know I left a comment on your blog but I thought I'd left one here also -- oh, well... must be that I'm just getting old!!! LOL!

I love your tissue box, of course; I'm a "box" lady!!! LOL!

Great job, my friend; sorry I'm just getting here to comment!

Angi Barrs said...

Love this. It's super adorable. :)

GabyCreates.com said...

@ Bunnyfreak... I left you a lengthy comment on your blog.

@ Sandy... yes you can make tons of things with your Gypsy. The difference is that the Silhouette file I purchased for .99 and the Gypsy one, I had to spend some time figuring it out.

Dan and Heather said...

Cute little boxes. I need to make a couple of these! TFS

Carla's Cards said...

I gave you an award, please go here: carla-writes.blogspot.com
Carla

Lisa said...

Soooooooooooo cute, you are just too smart. I envy anyone that comes up with ideas like that on their Gypsy. I know I could probably create or recreate something also but I have a hard time figuring things out on the Gypsy. I have learned some things on it. I might try this though. Thanks for the inspiration. Great job.

Java Jen's Creations said...

Wow!!!! This is an amazing project!!!! You are very talented!!!

SherriC. said...

Great Tutorial!!!!
this is just adorable.....
and would look so cute on a desk,
TFS!!!!!

Carol said...

Thanx for sharing your Kleenex box with us. My mind is whirling with the decorative possibilities for holidays, seasons, etc. I really like this idea and think I might give this a try myself ... it will look different, but then, I also have a bit of a stubborn (I mean persistent) streak in me too! *wink*

Thanx for shring this box idea!

Granny said...

As much as I use these little Kleenex packs I should make a bunch of these! TFS