August 31, 2011

Friends Are Flowers With A Little Bit Of Detail

Hi,  I am Charlotte from A Little Bit Of Detail and I am beyond thrilled to be the Guest Designer here on this super sassy blog!  Wow!  How excited I was when Sheila asked me to be a guest designer.  This happened when I went to visit her at her office to pick up some fabulous blog candy that I won during a link-up party.  We were both so tickled that we live and work so close to each other.  Well, Sheila and I hit it off big time are looking forward to getting back together for some crafty fun!

Now, on to my project.  I have done some sort of hand sewing about as long as I can remember.  I have done needlepoint, crewel, hardanger, counted cross stitch, smocking, and french hand sewing.  And one of my very favorites is ribbon embroidery.  So I thought, why not do it on paper and make a card.
I used two different shades of pink organza ribbon to create the large spider web roses and rosette buds.  The leaves and little french knots were made with green and taupe silk ribbon.  I did not follow any pattern to create the flower scene.  I just went with my usual trial and terror method of creation.  However, I must say, there was no terror in this project.  (How refreshing!)  I just kept sewing little buds until I thought it looked complete.  
Then I framed the flowers using foam tape with paper from K & Company. I finished it off with some taupe organza ribbon and a bow. 

 And lastly added the sentiment.  The stamp is from the TCP Studio Secret Garden collage.  All of the papers were inked with a bronze Color Box ink pad.  This is a large card.  It measures 8.5" x 5.5".
 If you have never done any ribbon embroidery, I highly suggest you try it.  It is very easy and goes very fast.  

I hope you'll drop by my blog and check out some of the other things that I have been creating lately.  Thank you again Sheila for having me Guest Design on She's a Sassy Lady.  It has been a real treat.  Have a wonderful week!
Charlotte 


14 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card!!! I love your trial and error method ~ I often use it myself! Your flowers turned out so pretty!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Charlotte this card is amazing. I love those flowers, and to think you made trial and error... AMAZING. I can't wait till we get together and create!
Thanks for joining us and sharing your talent with us today!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Gorgeous card . love your rosettes! Hope to see you back as a regular!

Cathy said...

fantastic card, so pretty.

SherriC. said...

Beautiful Card Charlotte!!!!
TFS!!!!!
I love to sew, and have yet to incorporate it with my paper crafting......maybe I should pull out a needle and thread next time I make a card????

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Oh these flowers are super gorgeous!! What a fabulous card! Gorgeous greens and pinks too! BEAUTIFUL!
Hugs,
M

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Charlotte! Your card is just beautiful and the flowers are breath-taking!!!

papillon digital design said...

Beautiful card Charlotte! How fun that you and Sheila are close by and can crop together.

Cindy@ Scrap-obsessed.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful card.

Bamabel said...

Beautiful!

Granny said...

This card is just beautiful. Love the flowers. TFS

Cricut Couple said...

Beautiful project! Love the flowers!

Java Jen's Creations said...

This is such a beautiful card!! Just lovely!!

Lisa said...

That card is beautiful. Love the rosettes.