August 1, 2011

Parking (Shape Card)





Hi Lori here from ScrappinMyStressAway with a fun little card.  Sheila has inspired me so much with card making this past year so I saved this shape card for her blog today.





I started with my Gypsy (of course) and put the couple at the table from Sweethearts on my mat.  I found this car from Graphically Speaking.  I put the car and the shadow on my mat at 5.35w x 2.83h.  I sized the couple to 3.38w x 3.43h by placing them over the car knowing I just needed their heads.

I ungrouped the car and shadow and made a copy of the shadow.  I flipped one of the shadow cuts and lined it up on top of the other to create my card.  I welded them together.



I added my paper to the mat and cut out my images.




I cut the heads of the couple (kind of morbid now that I think about it!!) and taped them to the back of the car.




I used my 5" Xyron to adhere the car to the front of the card.  I put Icicle stickles on the headlights



I made the grill out of silver stickles ~ kind of looks like teeth.  I personalized the license plate with "I (heart) U."



Thanks for stopping by and Thanks to Sheila for having me over to play!!
Post a Comment