August 19, 2011

Holiday Coasters


Hi my Blogger friends. Hope everyone is doing well. It's Lisa from Lisa's Craft Room with my project for this month. Thank you Sheila for having me again :)

I decided that because Halloween, Thanksgiving (Fall) and Christmas are coming soon, (YIKES) I would make a coaster for each holiday. I got these from Paper Trey Ink.

Here is what they look like before. They are a pretty ivory color.

I traced each coaster onto patterned cardstock, cut them out and used Modge Podge to glue the cardstock onto each side of the coaster. On the Halloween coaster, the flowers are dies from Paper Trey Ink, after they were cut out, I crinkled them up, inked the edges and sprayed them with Glimmer Mist, then added a button. The plastic spider is from my stash. The web at the bottom is a piece of ribbon. The sentiment and witch's hat are from Emma's http://www.creativetimeforme.com/ stamp line. I used stickles on the witch's hat. I also used the drippy goo punch from Martha Stewart.



On the Thanksgiving coaster, I adhered silk leaves and used stickles for the veins. I cut out an additional pumpkin and popped it up over the existing one. I also cut out Happy and popped it up with pop dots. I guess this one is more Fall than Thanksgiving :)


On the Christmas coaster, I glued down mini pom poms, the oh so cute scallop and stitched circle die, the sentiment and the tree are from Emma's http://www.creativetimeforme.com/ stamp line. I used stickles on the tree and colored Santa's coat. I inked the edges of the scallop and adhered the stitched circle on top. I also used the icicle punch from Martha Stewart.



Here are the backs of each coaster.

Halloween

Thanksgiving/ Fall


Christmas


Here they are together.

I hope you enjoyed my project today. Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your visits. ;)

12 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Lisa these coasters are just darling! Love the details in each one and the colors you chose are perfect for each holiday. It looks like you had a lot of fun making them too and that is was this is all about! LOVE THEM! Thanks for sharing with us today.

Granny said...

How cute is that! I like your holiday coasters. TFS

Lisa said...

Thank you :)

SherriC. said...

these are adorable.....
thanks for sharing these today!!!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Lisa, these are cuties!!! I'm doing these for Thanksgiving and I think I'm going to put our family's name on them for everyone to have to take away as a favor!

Love that you did the back too!!!

Bamabel said...

These are so cute! I love the little 'Halloweenie' phrase!

GabyCreates.com said...

Great idea... I too think that Emma's stamp (halloweenie) is funny! TFS

Cricut Couple said...

Such a cool project! I love them all!!!

Lisa said...

Thank you everyone for your sweet comments ;)

Unknown said...

I love your coasters!!! What a fun mini home decor item (way too cute to let drinks sweat on)!!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Lisa these are simply adorable! What fabulous detail you have in each one! I think this is a great way to decorate for the holidays!
hugs,
M

Lisa said...

Thank you. Lori, exactly. They are just for decoration. :)