September 9, 2010

Big Boy Aiden

Well hello, Sheila here from Shes A Sassy Lady and it seems like such a long time since I was here at Tuesday Treats. It's just been a busy, busy month, imagine that! You know we all lead such busy lives that it feels so good to just close the door and let your imagination go crazy and just have fun with a layout. So once again I didn't follow Pam's guide lines and went outside of the box. You see, I was just in Chicago for my little Carissa's 6th birthday and in the midst of the party and all the goings on was our little1 year old Aiden. He was so happy and ever so busy with his little toys that I just had to do this page - his way. I didn't know what I was going to do until Friday came along and the wonderful ladies at Stuck On U Sketches challenged us with this wonderful sketch... and once again I was out side the box. You see flowers, I see toys.

After designing the page on My Gypsy Woman I went hunting for just the right papers. I choose My Minds Eye, Twinkle Twinkle little boys stack and I love the sparkle it added. I then got out the scrap box and just used scraps for the toys.
Here is a close up of the background paper. The little brown squares made it possible for me to sent the rhinestones on this pastle paper.
I then turned to all the little toys and got them ready. First I chalked.
Then I inked and put together.
Until I had all my little toys together. I didn't get complex on the little toys becasue they weren't complex, they were just simple little plain line toys for a 1 year old boy.
I then added my rhinestones.
And placed my little toys around the photos.
After I had the toys on I used the glossy accents on the tires of the truck as I couldn't handle and postion while wet so I waited until it was all together.
Isn't that just too cool? Aiden't little world is one filled with joy and imagination and wonder. What a great place to visit.
This is a close up with all the little toys.
And the completed page. How much fun is that? See sometimes you just got to go the fun route. I would like to add that this sketch is perfect for Home Decor, Home Accents and Accent Essentials, but the toys were a better choice for my little Aiden. I sure hope you enjoyed today's project.
Thank you for your sweet words of incouragement, as they continue to inspire me to keep sharing with you.
signature

13 comments:

TraciVee said...

What a great layout! I was going to try this sketch out, too. Great job :)

Sandi Clarkson said...

Glad you got to post your layout. Cute cute cute page but that gs is darling! Glad you got to play with us this week!

Sue said...

Such a cute layout and cute Big Boy. I have four grandsons, so boys are my thing. Please keep showing us all your creative ideas.

sucor said...

What an adorable little sweetheart! I love this layout! Cute and fun!

flowerdisco said...

"you see flowers, I see toys" hehe...like that and little Aiden is a very adorable child. I love too the glossy accent on the wheels: awesome.

You what the paper reminded me of? a tile floor with the toys scattered all over after being played with, hehe...what imagination I have! crazy here :)

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Great Layout Sheila! Love the little truck, plane and duck! I also like the glossy accents on the tire. However, Mr. Aiden steels the show!!!
Melissa

papillon digital design said...

Love how you saw toys in the sketch and even more loved seeing your cute grandson. He has your eyes.

Snowmanlover said...

Darling layout but even cuter baby boy!! Miss chattin' with ya!!

4kids4 said...

Aiden is adorable...as is your layout! Love the effect of the Glossy Accents on the tires...so cool! TFS

Audrey Frelx said...

Sheila, I left a post at Tuesday Treats but, of course and just in case, I had to let you now here at home that that's a great layout for your cute little Aidan!!!

Nanne said...

Super cute layout and he's such a cute little guy.. Love all of the little boy cuts you added to your layout, I tend to struggle when it comes to masculine layouts..LOL
Hus
Nanné

Anonymous said...

Awww love little boy LO's! With having 2 of my own..how could I not! Love the cuts you picked!

Fern said...

What a cutie!! Love the cut-outs!! Super cute layout!!