September 23, 2010

Momma Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys

Hi everyone, it's me Debbie from Love Life's Little Pleasures.  It's the fourth Thursday of the month and that means it's my turn to share a layout with you.
I'm a huge fan of Cosmo Cricket and when they came out with their new mini collection "Wanted", I knew I had to buy it.  You see, I've had this picture of my son which was taken 21 years ago that I've held onto waiting for the perfect paper.  Well along came "Wanted" and a layout was born.
The paper pad for this collection is 6" x 6".
I picked out two sheets each  of two different patterns.  I cut each into 5" x 5" squares.  I then adhered the squares to a piece of cardstock and stitched around it with my sewing machine.
Next I took some dark brown ink and inked the edges.
The frame I used I've had for a long time.  It's by My Mind's Eye. 
I wanted to mimic the frame with some photo corners.  I cut out a 2 inch square and then cut it in half.  I found some mini brads by Pebbles in my stash. They are super easy to set.
First take a mouse pad and place your paper on top of it.  Then take your brad and push it through the paper.
Turn your paper over and push the prongs down.  I used a popsicle stick to do this.
I cute out the fence from my Cricut cartridge My World at 2".  I added some brown ink and pop up dots for added dimension.
If you notice the background paper also mimics the frame!
The background cardstock is by Cosmo Cricket and is part of the Core Impressions Classics Collection.
All of the chipboard embellishments on my layout are from the Wanted collection.  Even the cute little banner!
For the finishing touch I took some twine  and added a lasso.
Thanks for stopping by!  See you next month with a little something spooky to share!
. . . Debbie

14 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Debbie I love everything about this from the heading, paper, brads, banner and even the little rope! This is just TOO CUTE! This is definately a scraplift for morst mothers! Thanks for sharing with us!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Holy Smokes this is adorable! What a great layout! I LOVE how you pieced together the little 6x6's to make a page...great idea and the effect is gorgeous!
melissa

scrappinlil said...

Oh this is so stinkin cute...I love how you saved this memory and made it into something special. Love the paper. TFS

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness, this is such a darling layout. WOW, love it.

Barb Craft said...

Debbie...this may just be the cutest LO of all time!! I LOVE your mini lasso!! How darling is that!! And this paper line totally rock!!
Barb :)

Tanya said...

Awesome! I love it all :)

Suz said...

The layout is great, but those way-too-huge boots on your son are priceless!

Bamabel said...

What a great page! I love your idea for using the smaller stack. I have several of those and have always wondered how I could incorporate them into a layout. Thanks for the inspiration!

Granny said...

Oh look at him in those tall boots!!! I love this page! I can see my grandson now tromping around in grandpa's boots. Thanks for the memory.

Audrey Frelx said...

Debbie, this layout is amazing!!! Mothers and grandmothers will really be inspired by this one!!!

June said...

Love this wonderful LO!!!! There is soooo many awesome techniques and ideas on the LO!!!! Thanks so much for sharing and the inspiration!!!!

Beth said...

Wow this is awesome, I love the cardstock too!

Unknown said...

Adorable!! Love the colors, the embellies and of course the photo. Just perfect!

papillon digital design said...

This is adorable Debbie!! Being in TX I need all the inspirations I can get!!