September 14, 2010

SPOOKY

Hello friends, followers and visitors.
My name is Agnes aka flowerdisco from

As some of you might know I am one of Sassy's designers and I want to share with you a card I made for  
Halloween.
(I am so very happy to be here but still a bit shy among so many other talented designers).

Below is the card I made to share with you.

Spooky
This card is a 5 X 7 inch tall.

I used the Happy Hauntings cricut cartridge for the front phrase and a Martha Stewart punch for the fence. The Spooky sign was cut at 4.86"W by 2.08" H.
The black base cardstock is from American Crafts and the patterned paper from My Mind's Eye Scary Sparkles Halloween.

This is the inside TEMPLATE from an old book I have.
 and this is a visual of how I adhered it to the inside.
(Sorry about the photos, they were taken in the evening and even with my editing program couldn't make them better).
 The hand was cut at 1.70"W by 3.66"H. I cut this hand twice. One as seen on the handbook and the other is a mirror image so I could add the floss between them to adhere it to the oval opening.
The technique I believe is called Pop-Up Twirl card.

This is how everything looks on my Gypsy screen.

This another view of the finished card.
I am so very proud I did not give up on this card because I started making it yesterday after what I had in mind did turned out as planned. It was one of those days where I dropped everything and everything hurt too.
Did I mention the photos were taking in the evening and they do not do justice to the real piece when looking at it in real life.
I really hope you enjoy my project. It is not a new technique but I never made one like this before.
Thank you so much for stopping by to see what I made for Sassy's design team AND another Thank You to Sheila for allowing me to share my work in her blog.

Hugs from Me, AGNES
 aka flowerdisco from http://flowerdiscosscraphut.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Wow what a unique little card. What a cool idea and it is spooky! LOVE IT! I will have to try this, I like how the hand pops out. TFS

Dana said...

I love the inside of the card. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing. You did a nice job. Glad you stuck with it.

http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Great card!! I love the inside - so clever!!!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

This is great - love the popped out inside - so clever! Thanks for sharing your amazing card!
Meilssa

Unknown said...

This card is awesome!! Love the pop up with the hand!!

Granny said...

What a wonderful card. Love the little hand. TFS.

2 Ducky said...

What a neat little trick! Tfs!

Debbie said...

You're so clever! Fantastic card!

Barb Craft said...

This one seriously spooky card!! I haven't done a pop a card like that yet... I may just have to give it a try!! Thanks for sharing your idea!!
barb :)

Audrey Frelx said...

Agnes what a GREAT card!!! I don't know what you think you have to be shy about -- all your cards are fabulous!!!

Beth said...

Very cool card. TFS