September 17, 2010

Warm Winter Wishes Layout

Hi everyone this is Elizabeth from 217Creations.  Thanks Sassy for having me over to play! I am here today to share a 12x12 recipe layout. Keep on keeping on is my mantra lately.  I am trying really hard to improve on my 12x12 layouts.  I chose to do this layout for the Circle Meetup that I am attending today.  We had to bring a layout with a recipe- neither of which I am any good at!
I also chose to challenge myself to use some older cartridges.  I chose to work with When Its Cold Outside, Storybook and Winter Woodland.  I really love all three of these cartridges and by doing 12x12 layouts, I have a found new appreciation for how amazing the snowflakes on When Its Cold Outside really are. I stated by laying a strip of metallic brocade ribbon down the side of the layout.
 Then I cut the snowflake at 9.69 inches. I cut it in half and Glimmer Misted with Granite.
 Then I cut my printed recipe out on a flat braket from Storybook at 4.98 inches.
The phrase is from Winter Woodland.  This cartridge has tons on phrases that I can't wait to use. I cut it at 2.82 inches with its shadow. 
 I used pop dots to raise all the elements off the page.  I decided to do this because the paper has dimension too.  It is from SEI.  
 I just love the color combo and the flocking.
Of course nothing is complete without a bit of bling.  
 I used the I-Rock to affix rhinestones on the snowflake, as well as the flocked ones on the page.
All in all once I got myself focused on this project, it went quickly.  I am still trying hard to know when to say when on these layouts as well creating a balance.  I guess that will come with more practice.
If you'd like the free file, please visit my personal blog at 217Creations

Remember you can click on any picture an enlarge it.

As always, me and Sassy appreciate comments, followers, and subscribers.
Until next time!

12 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This is gorgeous! and something I have wanted to do.... start and make a recipe scrapbook of family favorites. You do wonderful on 12x12's not sure why you wouldn't be comfortable. The snowflakes are awesome and I really like your color choices. Thanks for sharing with us today.

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Elizabeth!! Simple, yet elegant! Have a great time at the Circle meet up!!!!!

papillon digital design said...

gasp!! A 217creation without using distress ink!!! I just barely forgive you because you used glimmer mist - :)
Jokings aside Love it. It's so Elegant!! and has Clean lines..

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Sooooooo pretty!!!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Love this! Such a beautiful layout! The colors are fantastic! That pop of red is perfect!
Melissa

Maria Elena said...

Love this LO! I Like that big red bird and color combination...Have fun with your meet up friends !

Have a great Friday !
http://www.mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

217 Creations said...

THANKS!
@ Pam- do you know how hard it was to walk away from the ink?!?!!? But I did it!

Granny said...

This is so pretty, I should do this with my mothers recipes. Thank you.

Debbie said...

This is so beautiful! Love your colors!

Barb Craft said...

This is lovely!! These colors are fabulous together and I love the way you used the flocking!
Barb :)

Sanguinartears said...

I really enjoy doing scrappin' recipe swaps! It is a really pretty layout. The pattern you used for the bird is beautiful. Thanks for sharing :)

Cheryl Boglioli said...

This is just lovely. I wouldn't ever know you struggled with it - or anything else I've seen you do!!!