September 27, 2010

You Quack Me Up!

Happy Sunday!!! Don't you just love fun cards? Well here is a quick card that is just fun to send to someone. I jsut love the Create A Critter cart and the cute little cards you can make from it. I used my Peachy Keen stamps on this little cutie.
Here is my Gypsy layout the first page and as you see I used the hide contor on the little chickies face so I could stamp it.... well I did this card two up (so I sould have two cards) and blew it on the first stamp so it is a good thing that I have th little chick cut on the lower right of the card, so the second card I made the cut and since I used a deep yellow for the base I just used google eyes on the second card.
I used K and Company on the 2 sided paper and scraps on the rest of the cuts.
I scored the card.
Folded the card, remembering to go back to front.
Then I added a liner in the card so you could still see through the window but not onto the little note inside.
This is how it will look when you open it.
I put all the little parts in a Zip Lock bag and placed it in my Messenger bag to do when I had time.
Putting it together was a piece of cake. Maybe 5 minutes, tops.
And the card was done. After last weeks bright colors it seemed a little drab, so I got out my Glossy Accents.
After adding white lines with my gel pen on only the word quack I placed glossy accents on the letters to add another texture and more interest.
Now isn't this card just too cute? Here is a copy of Gypsy You Quack Me Up File. Note you will have to adjust this file for face to be cut or note depending on if you just the Peachy Keen stamps or not. I hope you liked today's little project and come back and see us again tomorrow. Thank you for your sweet words of encouragement. Your comments continue to inspire me to share with you.
signature

19 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE this! Perfect for the My Pink Stamper's bird challenge.

I never thought about using the white pens to put highlights on the gloss accents - Wonder if it would work on Liquid Glass?

Thanks for the cool idea!

Angi Barrs said...

This is so adorable Sheila. Love the cute little eyes on the chickie.

Mrs B said...

Shelia, this is sooo cute!
CindyB

papillon digital design said...

Oh love the little chickie!! Is it chester's offspring?

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Just so adorable Shelia.. what set of Peachy keen stamps did you use for the darling little face?? AND I was wondering what "remembering to go back to front" when scoring the card meant???? So so cute.

Anonymous said...

Laura Says:

Just too cute! It put a smile on my face!

CathyinMN said...

That card is so cute!

Audrey Frelx said...

Sheila, this card is both cute and adorable!!! You never fail to come up with a terrific project that makes us all happy!!!

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Alpha(s),Word Art(s), Word Book(s) post on Sep. 27, 2010. Thanks again.

Barb Craft said...

Ohhhh... this is soooo cute!! I love the little birdie!! Your added shading and cute little face are really darling!! I have this cart and have never used it!! Guess now I am going to need to get it out and give it a try!! Thanks for the idea!!
Barb :)

Unknown said...

Another adorable card Sassy!! I rarely use this cart too!

Grannymama said...

It is Cute, but I don't own a gyspy so not able to create this card that I know of. Will check out on Cricut Design Studio.

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness, what a cute card. Love that little chick's face, so darling.

Sandi Clarkson said...

Sheila, this is adorable. Such a cute little duck. The glossy accents and his sweet face just make this card! Thanks for sharing!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

OH Sheila - this is so cute!!! I love it - and the glossy accents are amazing!!! Love that added texture!
Melissa

Debby said...

Absolutely adorable. Thanks for sharing and for the file!

H.J. - UK said...

I love the white highlights and glossy accents on the lettering.Makes a real difference.Great effect.

Liz said...

Hi,
I'm new to your blog and love it already. Thanks so much for taking the time explain so many great things.

flowerdisco said...

amazing little chic. Love the window card and how you used the doodling and glossy accents. nice technique and TFS! :)