September 24, 2010

K.I.S.S.

Keep It Simple Sweetie!   That is just what I needed to be reminded of this week.  I'm Cheryl from Cheryl's Window and I hope that Ms. Sheila forgives my lack of preparedness.  I haven't had any time to be creative lately.  I've had one thing after another going on and working overtime as well, so I hadn't made a project for my Sassy Lady post or anything creative for me.   My dear sweet friend, Sheila, so graciously reminded me to K.I.S.S.   So, here is the most simple project I could create.  As a matter of fact, I didn't even do it, my dear daughter, Sage, created this one.  No paper trimmer, no patterned paper sorting, no Gypsy, no welding, no folding, no gluing.   I'm somewhat ashamed to post this.   I almost didn't share this post because of all the reasons above, but I realized I should share.  For one, we all have these days, weeks, and months.  And two- this is one reason I love my techy power tools; they do save me time when I need it most.   My newest toy is the new Cricut Imagine and this entire project was done with that machine.  It just arrived on Wednesday, so I honestly have not even really played with it yet.  However, we were still able to create something for Sage in no time.  



Sage wanted to make some bookmarks for her schoolbooks.  She wanted something that looked really nice, but she could write on too.  I thought it would be nice to try printing on some glossy cardstock so that I could see how this would print and to give her something sturdier and nicer for her bookmarks.  Sage looked through the new Imagine More cartridge and selected a few images on the Imagine.


She even went into the layers on a few and changed some of the patterns to colors she liked.   We edited the sizes to be between 4 - 6 inches for the height of the bookmarks.   I can say that I CANNOT WAIT until we get the Gypsy update so that we can have more control over our images.  I don't like not having control to distort an image and set it to exact sizes I want.  


We then did a quick preview to see how the selected images would line up on our mat. 

She placed the glossy cardstock on the mat and loaded the mat into the Imagine to print and cut.   How cool is that? 





The Imagine first printed and then pulled the mat back in and cut it.  I don't think I have my blade calibrated just right or maybe the fact that I touched the blade and adjusted the depth between cuts might have affected the way it cut the last two images.  :-) 



Now, Sage has some new bookmarks for her schoolbooks and they are ones she picked out and created herself.   I was able to see my new Imagine print and cut a project and was able to share a little project with my followers and with all my sassy friends at She's a Sassy Lady.  

While you may not have learned a new technique today, I hope that you are inspired to create something, anything, or help someone else create something.   Sometimes simple is better and sometimes it is just what is needed.   So what will you K.I.S.S. today?   I'd love to hear that I'm not alone this month! 


7 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Great KISS project and nothing better than taking a new machine out of the box and being able to actually create something of use imediately! And to think your daughter did it! Seems like this machine is well worth the price you paid!

Unknown said...

Awesome project and I agree sometimes we just need to KISS! :) I love how easy the Imagine makes things when you're short on time or just not in the mindset to dig through stacks of paper. Great job!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Cheryl - this is a great project!!! I love bookmarks and to know thay my Imagine can do them quickly is even better! It's nice to hear that others are busy too!!! lol thanks so much for sharing!
Melissa

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I love the book markers...

Suz said...

Another reason to post KISS projects is for all of us newbies to the craft--sometimes big fancy projects can be overwhelming! A simple project is much appreciated!

Lisa said...

Cheryl/Sage, the bookmarks are adorable. You are not alone, believe me, I know I've had days that I have no idea what to do, my last turn was like that so don't feel bad. It's nice to take a break and do something simple. ;)

Audrey Frelx said...

Congrats on your new Imagine!!! And I think you did great!!! You might call your book marks may be simple but they are cute and will make great gifts!

Keep on having fun with your Imagine!!!