September 15, 2010

Monkeying Around


Hello, Becky here from Journey To Creativity. First off, let me say Thank You Sheila for letting me come back and play on the Sassy Lady blog. It's always an honor to be able to share my projects with such a wonderful group of people.

For my project today I decided to make a goody bag. I found the cutest paper by The Paper Studio at Hobby Lobby with monkeys on it. So lets get started.


Start by cutting the following size chipboard pieces. 2-4.5 x 5, 3-4.5 x 2.


Then I cut brown cardstock in the following dimensions: 5-9.5 x 4.75. I scored it at 2.5 and 6.5.


Fold the cardstock pieces and secure together with double sided tape or hot glue.


Then using double sided tape or hot glue secure the 5 pouches together so that it ends up looking like this.


I laid out my chipboard to measure the length for the cover. Make it at least 1.5 inches longer and wider than your chipboard. I wanted some contrast so I used the monkey paper and cardstock at the top so that the flap would contrast with the bag.


With the cover upside down lay out the chipboard with a small space between each piece for folding. Using double sided tape on the edge of the chipboard wrap the cover around all sides of the chipboard. Then measure the inside of the bag and cut a piece of decorative paper and secure to the inside.


Using double sided tape or hot glue secure the pouches to the inside of the bag.


I added a magnetic clasp to the cover, ribbon and a monkey charm. I then distressed the entire bag with Tim Holtz distressing ink.


I stamped the very top of the bag with "Sending You a Great Big Hug" stamp.


Using the Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cartridge, I cut a tag, added the same ribbon as I used on the bag and another monkey charm. Then stamp a sentiment of your choice onto the front.


I'll be filling the bag with some type of goodies and hopefully it will make somebody smile when they get it.

Thank you again Sheila for allowing me to come play today. Until next month I can be found at Journey To Creativity.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

11 comments:

mfc.melissamade2 said...

OH my so cute! I just love this! That monkey paper is adorable too!
Melissa

Audrey Frelx said...

Very cute, Becky!!!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a cute project this is!!! Love the paper and who wouldn't love to get this as a gift just filled with goodies? TFS this with us today.

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Beautiful! I always wanted to learn/make one. Love it!

Granny said...

This is a great little bag, I really like the paper you chose.

Sentimental Scrapper said...

How cute is that?!?!?!?!

Audrey Frelx said...

Sheila, I like to believe I'm the "sticking" kind too!!! I'm so glad you're who you are and I just love you for that!!! At least, I don't have to worry about you!!!

P.S. I'm still thinking of something to do for your birthday (???); you're so good at everything, I almost feel intimidated!!!

flowerdisco said...

i love your project.

papillon digital design said...

Love this project is great.

Beth said...

Cute project. Love it.

Maria Elena said...

Super cute !!! I wanna try to one of this xoxo
Loves,
http://www.mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/