September 19, 2010

Birthday Card For A 2 Year Old

Now doesn't this look like FUN? My grandson Gavin was three on September 17th so I knew I needed a fun little card for him. I having been admiring Agnes' cards from Flowerdisco's Scrap Hut and I just love the vibrant colors she uses and I know Gavin likes bright things too.
I laid out all my paper colors on a 12x24 mat so I could have the card cut in 1 quick cut. Using DCWV it cut like butter and was ready for laying out.
First I scored the base of the card.
Just a little reminder on a window card bring the back to the front and then when the edges are matched up use your bone folder for a clean fold.
I made sure I had all the little pieces and placed them in my zip lock bag to put together when I had time.
I placed my 1x1 1/2" Zyron in my messenger bag and was good to go.
I used my Zig 2 way glue pen to adhere Happy Birthday to the base of the card.
And used the Zyron for the little pieces.
After all the pieces were on I used white stickles to make the 2 and the little hat stand out a little more.
Here is a close up, as you can see I just went over the little white lined pattern that was on the paper.
Then I added polka dots to the hat.
This is the inside of the card, it's just as beautiful as the front.
After my stickles dried I added glossy accents and covered the 2 as well as the polka dots on the hat and the little pom-pom on the other hat.


Now the card was a little safer that little Gavin getting glitter from the stickles all over his hands and eventually in his little mouth. And the card just sparkles in the light.

Isn't this just beautiful?
And of course the card must stand on it's own so it can be displayed on a table or mantle as people love to share the cards they receive. Here is a copy of the Happy Birthday 2 year old Gypsy File if you would like it.

I sure hope you enjoyed today's design and come back and see us real soon. Thank you for your sweet words of encouragement, your comments continue to inspire me to share with you.
signature

17 comments:

Lisa said...

WOW, now that's a birthday card for a 2 year old. Love It. I am definitely going to have to try making a window card again.

mfc.melissamade2 said...

OH - I love this Sheila! The colors are SO vibrant and all that sparkle and shine!! Perfect for a 2 year old - or a 34 year old LOL!!
Melissa

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Shelia that is just such a fun card, I love the bright colors and I am sure that Gavin is going to love it too. I so enjoy your blog, I smiled as I read through your instructions, I felt you were right beside me telling me step by step how you made it. hugs

Barb Craft said...

Sheila... this is darling!! I love the bright colors... so fun!!! Thanks for all the tips... I might just get brave enough to try one!!
Barb :)

Audrey Frelx said...

Sheila, what an adorable card!!! Yes, the colors are very vibrant -- Agnes is great for blending colors!!!

Granny said...

This is such a cute card. I really like the colors.

Debbie said...

Sheila your card is so cute and colorful! Love all the bright colors! Hope Gavin enjoys it!

Dana said...

This is really a nice birthday card...love the colors. I also like that you added the glossy accents to it. Thanks for sharing.

http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Beautiful card! Love those colors

Angi Barrs said...

Love all of the shine and sparkle. Adorable.

Sarah said...

Beautiful card! Its so Happy I love it!

flowerdisco said...

I am blushing here but I have to admit I am a lover of bright colors. Once I wanted to paint a kitchen wall red-orange but even that was too much for me, lol.

I love the card and I am sure Gavin will too since he has my taste.

Sheila, thanks for the props :)

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Wedding, Birthday/Party Theme(s), Mardi Gras/Carnaval Theme post on Sep. 20, 2010. Thanks again.

C&M Creations said...

Very cute card Love the paper and all the details!

scrapstampcrazy said...

Such a nice card. Maybe I need a gypsy.

papillon digital design said...

Love the clors on this

Liz said...

What a beautiful card with such vibrant colors. I love all of the little extras you have added with the stickles and glossy accents. Thank you so much for the file. I just recently purchased a gypsy and know I will have fun using this file.