September 29, 2010

October Calendar



After I completed your design and chosen my paper it was time to load those pens and place them in blade assemble of my cricut. Now you need to know that I altered the color I was originally planning to use so ink colors were changed to for the design.
First I used a purple for the individual boxes and then switched to a metallic blue for the days and numbers. I still used the silver for the spider web.
After it completed the little boxes my Gypsy Woman told me the cutting was complete. At this point DO NOT UNLOAD THE MAT. ALWAYS RETURN TO DESIGN. I changed my ink color and then hit cut again and repeated till I had all three colors completed.
Last step on the pens was the spider web and I used silver. Oh no it did not show on the orange! So I decided to make it glisten!
First I applied glossy accents and then sprinkled with a mauve looking glitter as I didn't want it silver as it would be too bright. Be sure to lay paper down under the glitter to you can just sprinkle it back in the jar.
It looks cool, doesn't it and it is still wet.
Now all I have to do is choose the papers for all the little extras, put my blade back in and start cutting and putting all the little pieces together.
This is a bunch of Halloween goodies; ribbons, stickers, fibre and chipboard that I could use along with all the Cricut artwork I have to draw from.
After doing my lettering I prepared to cut all my little objects out.
I used Distress Ink on the little skeleton and tried to do the techniques that Elizabeth of 217 Creations taught so well.... but I am just a newbie so I don't do as well as she does. I still loved the way it looked as it made the bones show up more.
See here are some of my supplies, I even have the fantastix coloring tool for those hard to reach places.
I put all the little pieces together first and then added glossy accents and sent them aside to dry.
The pumpkin I wanted to use the orange and the green glitter so I first ran it through the Xron and then used a tweezer and sprinkled the orange first while covering the stem. Then I held on to the pumpkin and sprinkle the green.
After I finished the pumpkin I covered it with glossy accents and set it aside to dry.
I flipped over the page and added two rows of glue with my Pink ATG.
I then took the spider web ribbon and pressed it onto the back adding a pleat every couple of inches. Doesn't it look cool? The I used the ATG and ran glue on top of the ribbon and added a 12x12 sheet to the back to keep the ribbon secure. To add a little more strength I added glue dots to the corner as there was more puckering there.
Then I just added these elements all over the  calendar using pop dots.
This is the table in our foyer that we throw the keys on and where I try to keep a monthly calendar. Justin walked in our house and went nuts when he saw this. He thought it was just too cool and "Grandma must be the BEST Cricut maker out there"! Too Funny!
Here is a few close-ups. Don't you just love the black spider web ribbon? I don't like spooky so this is just perfect for our humble home.
This was really a fun project and I love how the days and dates are on the page but they are understated and makes you want to look closer at the calendar. We only have two birthdays in October my eldest daughter Jennifer on the 24 and my father on the 29 so the calendar is pretty clear.
I sure hope you liked today's little project, I know I had fun with it and more importantly my grandchildren are impressed with it and that's what really matters the most, doesn't it? Here is the October Gypsy File if you would like to make one for your house.
Thank you for your wonderful sweet words of encouragement. Your comments continue to inspire me to keep sharing with you.
signature

13 comments:

Dana said...

Very nice job. I love how you finished everything off using the glossy accents and/or glitter. Thanks for sharing.

http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

hgregory8558 said...

Love the calendar. I've got to break down and buy those pens. Oh but once the Gypsy become compatable with the Imagine... I guess I could just flood fill :) Oh the possibilities :) I might scraplift your idea and make my daughter a countdown calendar to Halloween. She loves dressing up :) Thanks for sharing :)

www.onecraftyyeoman.blogspot.com

papillon digital design said...

Great job~ have to break out those pens

4kids4 said...

This is terrific! I've been putting off buying the pens...can't hold out much longer!! I love the look of the glossy accents...and I think your spider web is way cool. TFS!

Suz said...

What a great idea. I've never used markers and I am wanting to try them out. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

LOVE this!!!! Love the layering with the cri-kits!

flowerdisco said...

sassy...this calendar is the most boo-tiful one I have ever seen and this is no lie. Love it and all the techniques you used, WooHOO, TFS!

Bamabel said...

This is simply fabulous!!! I love it Sheila! You did a great job!

Dawn McCarty said...

OMGness. This is great!!!!!! I love this so much. You are so talented. Thanks for sharing. I am going to have to try this on my G. Thanks for the great idea. hugs.

Celeste B. said...

WOW! How cute and creative! I think I may need to look into the fantastix. Such a great idea, TFS! :)

Barb Craft said...

what a cute idea!! i love all the super fun embellies you made... they are perfectly spooky!! Glad the grandchildren are enjoying it!!
Barb :)

Sanguinartears said...

The calendar is such a cute idea! I love how you used the frame. :)

SherriC. said...

LOVE it Sheila, love all the glossy accents, I LOVE that stuff... and the spider web, just a great calender page...