September 13, 2010

Having Fun With Paint!

Hello fellow crafters. My name is Angi from Cokie Pop Paper and I am the guest designer today on She's a Sassy Lady.

Today we are going to do a fun project that calls for you to PAINT! This fun technique has been used on a lot of creations out there in blog land recently. I decided to give it a try.

Since Halloween is just around the corner this paint project will feature a spooky, yet cute altered notebook. Let's get started.

First, I took an old altered notebook that I really didn't like and removed the old paper. That's o.k. if blotches and spots are on the front because it will be covered with your new paper and paint.

Use any brand of craft paint that you'd like and paint around the edges of your notebook.
Next, add your favorite paper to the center. I used Bo Bunny paper since it had a cute Halloween design.
I then took a little paint blotter and added paint around the edges of my patterned paper to try and give it a distressed look.
Add layers of coordinated color paper to the top to add to the design. Don't worry about your paint drying all of the way yet. It will look more clean and polished once your paint completely dries.
Now add your favorite ribbon to the spirals at the top. I used black & orange to match the paper.
You can add more fun to the inside of your notebook by adding more Halloween elements. I added more Bo Bunny designs to the inside of all of my pages like this.

I hope you all enjoyed my Halloween altered notebook project. For more inspiration please be sure to visit my blog - Cokie Pop Paper.

Have a Creative Day!
Angi

10 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

wow what an interesting project , love your color choices ,. who wouldn't love a note book like this ? TFS

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Oh this is such a great idea! I love that notebook...my daughter always loves special paper pads - I think I'll make her one! Thanks for the inspiration - it's just the cutest!
Melissa

Cheryl Boglioli said...

This is so cute. We can use it to make a list of the candy I want to eat!!! ;-)

Lisa said...

That is such a neat idea, I love how that came out.

2 Ducky said...

Cute!

Audrey Frelx said...

I love that idea and your project is wonderful -- I really wish I could paint; it looks easy enough but a paint brush in my hand is usually not a good thing -- LOL!!!

Great project!

Dana said...

Neat project. Came out really good. Maybe I'll give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

Missy said...

Such an adorable notebook!

Granny said...

This is such a cute little notebook. I like your colors. TFS

Beth said...

Love it very much. Love how you painted it.