September 25, 2010

Gypsy Made Simple - Shape Cards SCRAPLIFT!

Good Morning hope you are all well today and ready to try something you all love to do... SCRAP LIFT! Doesn't it just drive you crazy when you see something on line you ABSOLUTELY LOVE? Let's face it, you have to figure out how to do it, you just have to!!!  Well that is what today is about. You see 2 weeks ago on our first Gypsy made simple tutorial Aymee of A Scraphappy Southerbelle made this ADORABLE Girl Turkey! Well I just had to make it and when I receive a couple of questions on shape cards asking and wanting a more detailed descriptions I decided to do a video with Amyee's turkey. ALL COMPLIMENTS and CREDIT to AYMEE for how cute it looks belongs to HER CREATIVITY. Now don't you just love that turkey?
So now let's get to work and by the time we are done your will have made her/him if you have Create A Critter or another shape depending on the carts you have linked to your Gypsy. OK, let's turn on that gypsy and follow along. Remember to pause or stop the video to catch up if you need to. At the end of this post I will be asking you to link your Shape card to my blog so we can see what you did.

As you can see by the video it is really easy to do these cards, just follow the basic steps and you will be making a ton of shape cards as they are addicting and so - so cute.



Well it looks like we are about read to prepare our mat for cutting and in this video I answer questions from last weeks post.
On the left is my mat and I had to show you a closeup of the yummy paper I chose for his tail feathers. I love the metallic gold don't you?

See my colors are almost like Aymee's but she has the girl turkey and mine is a guy.... and he will be so handsome!

Here is all the little pieces. And just so you know I did goof him up but only you and I will know that! LOL
I used pop dots between his body and tail feathers to give him depth.

Nope they are not brads. I got the new I -Rock and it works great.

It heats up in no time at all and really easy to use.
Because I had already pop dotted the lower portion of his body to the tail feathers I need to double pop dot his head so he would be even.
This is what it looked like before attaching.
Now how cute is that? I just love this little turkey, isn't he handsome? I can just see him strut his stuff now.
I stickled him and waited for him do dry. Don't you love the papers I chose. Oh I did use my Cuttlebug on the orange tail feathers to emboss him and add more texture just like Amyee did.
Now isn't he handsome?
In this photo you can see all the layers and notice I did faux stitching the inside of the card using my white gel pen.
Here are just a few of my shape cards from my stash. You will find they are very addicting and children as well as adults just love getting these cute little cards. They are amazed that you made them.

That's it for today and I want to thank you for spending time with me today, I sure hope you learned something new. A special thank you to Aymee from A Scraphappy Southerbelle who allowed me to scrap lift and share this tutorial with you. Be sure to go by and visit her today and tell her the SassyLady sent you! I am sure she would appreciate your kind words and you would be in for a great treat with her lovely designs.
Now your task is to make a card and then link it up on my blog so we can see what you did and how much you are growing with your skills. These are basic skills that you are learning and as you can see from my stash they are simple cards and designs made pretty by the papers we choose and the embellishments we use. Remember if you have any questions be sure to email me at ShesASassyLady@hotmail.com or if there is any area that you want me to cover please do the same.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

I hope you enjoyed today's little project and learned something new at the same time. Thanks for your continued support and sweet words of encouragement. Your comments are what inspire me to share with you.
signature

20 comments:

papillon digital design said...

Look at you go!! Wow

Anonymous said...

I love your tutorials.looking forward to saturday mornings.
I made the turkey and he came out great
thank you, thank you
Rochelle
rressmeyer@bellsouth.net

Bamabel said...

I love your turkey card gf! Thanks so much for lifting me! I am so honored!!!!

Another fabulous tutorial!!!

Mary said...

Love the turkey card! I need to decide which wording I want to use on mine before I cut and assemble--but my file is otherwise ready to cut! Thank you so much for taking the time to give us play along tutorials!

Mary101, Cricut MB

cricaholic said...

JUST GORGEOUS!! FANTASTIC TUTORIAL!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Gypsy Made Simple!!!! You make my Saturday Mornings!!!
Southernbelle's girl turkey and your male turkey are ADORABLE!!!I'll have to remember this when I work on my Thanksgiving projects.
THANKS again!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

GREAT TUT!!! Sheila - I love getting my coffee and sitting down with you on Saturdays!! Great job! and the card is fabulous!
melissa

Audrey Frelx said...

Too cute! Great job, Sheila! I know you just Aymee really-really proud!

Thanks for dropping by, I always love when my friends come on over!!!

Granny said...

This is a really cute little card. You make everything seem so easy to do. TFS

Barb Craft said...

Sassy... this adorable card might jsut be the cutest one I ever saw!! Your little turkey has so much personality!! Thanks for sharing your tips on how to make this one!!
bArb :)

lovemypaper said...

Very nice card TFS!

Marilyn said...

I LOVE your tutorials. Thank you so much for all your hard work on the videos. I might not get to making one but I sure do appreciate what you are teaching! Thank you again!

Debby said...

Love these tutorials. You've inspired me to get to work using my G. I've had it for a long time, just never use it. I think it intimidates me. So thanks for providing the inspiration. Love the turkey!!
DebbyS

Unknown said...

SUPER CUTE!

Jeannie said...

That is the cutest card! Thank you for sharing!

*~Danielle~* said...

I love these tutorials! I cant always watch on Saturday but I check them other times and create my file along with you! What an adorable turkey!

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Soooo cute!! I love the gems on his hat and all the stickles! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

Kimberly

Cricut Couple said...

Oh Sheila, This is fantastic! So glad you entered this in the My Craft Spot challenge this week! I really love how you used the hot rocks on the hat. What a fantastic touch! Every little details is perfect!

Jayne said...

Your turkey is gorgeous.Love how you made him into a shaped card and blinged him up.Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot.
Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog.
Jayne x

Kate said...

Great job! Your turkey card turned out wonderfully! I love all that embossing - and the glossy "thanks" is a super touch! I'm glad you were able to figure things out and be so pleased with the results.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!
Kate
Small Bits of Paper
smallbitsofpaper @ hotmail.com [remove spaces]

Bamabel said...

You know I just love it! Thanks for playing with us at My Craft Spot!

Aymee