May 19, 2011

America The Beautiful Frame

Hope you are all having a wonderful Thursday!
This is Gaby from http://www.gabycreates.com/
Today I created/decorated a frame to celebrate
Memorial Day and a little tutorial on how to make a 3D star.


Here's the tutorial: 

I used the K&Co Americana
Collection. 

These are the cuts using "Stand and Salute"
"Independence Day" and "Dude" Cartridges 

I purchased this frame "Bed Post".
I was looking for a crackled one, but
could not find. 

How to create a 3D star from a plain
star. 

Score at each an every point. 

This is what it looks like (minus one) 

Fold downward at the peaks. 

Fold inward at the valleys.

Play with it my squishing it all together
The more you play, the more it works. 

Here you see a finished star and a plain
star.

Tip: If you are like me and 90% of
the time want things inked, but
the parts/pieces are too small, use
a marker instead of ink.  Here I am
using a brown marker to go around
all edges.

For very small intricate cuts, you can just
tap the marker on the opening/cut. 
 Here is a close up of the top banner and 3D star.
 Here is a close up of some of the designs/cuts and the bottom 3D star.
I could not use dimensional foam inside since it is a frame.  I did use 3D glue dots for the stars which I adhered on the outside of the frame.
I am really enjoying decorating frames/shadow boxes lately.  I hope you liked it! 
If you did, please leave a comment! I love reading them!
Thanks for stopping by at She's A Sassy Lady!..'till next month! ~Gaby

13 comments:

Josie0602 said...

Awesome frame!! I love it!!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a wonderful decorator frame and perfect for the holiday... so patriotic. Love the stars and thank you for the great tutorial you shared with us today.

Cricut Couple said...

Oh Gaby, This is WONDERFUL!!! I have to find that paper stack! I have a project to do for my Dad for Father's Day and this would be the perfect paper to us!!! Incredible!!!

Charlene said...

Hi Gaby,
This is so cute! I love all things Americana. And thanks for your 3D Star tut. It looks so easy! I will definitely have to try that one.
Thanks again!

CathyinMN said...

Love your decorated frame and the K & Company Americana paper (I recently bought 2 stacks of it for mini albums I want to make for family in the military). Thanks you for the 3D star tutorial. I will definitely be using that technique.

Java Jen's Creations said...

Oh my! This is beautiful!! I must have that paper stack!! :-) I love the 3-D stars!! Thanks for showing how to make them!

Angi Barrs said...

I love altered projects. Love this one. :)

Anonymous said...

This is such a wonderful project, I just love it. TFS
Sue

Lisa said...

That is beautiful. I love those 3D stars. Great job.

Anonymous said...

This is GREAT!!! Thanks for the tutorial. I <3 barn stars. I will have to make a card trying this1!! :-)

SherriC. said...

Gaby, love this, GREAT tutorial!!!
I really love the 3D star!!!!
I can't wait to try one....

Marjorie said...

Thank you so much for giving the directions on how to make the 3-D star. They really make your project pop.

Audrey Frelx said...

Like I said on your blog, this frame is super fabulous!!!