May 11, 2011

Sympathy Cards

Isn't this just beautiful? I know it is hard to believe but this beautiful card is a Sympathy card. Then to add to that all the paper I used was from leftovers! Yup, leftovers from a birthday card I made. Well these flowers were on the back of that printed paper. It was from one of the spring K and Company stacks, awesome hey?
This was my stack of left overs. All I did was fussy cut each of the flowers and buds out. I know it is hard to believe but there was actually enough to make two cards! I used some green 8 1/2x11" card stock cut in half and folded and placed a large flower down and then pop dotted the others for dimension.
Notice I even folded the flower so part of it actually went on the back of the card.

As I didn't have any stamps for sympathy cards, I typed a sentiment and ran it off on card stock, trimmed it adhered it down and then embellished it with one of the little buds that I cut out.
Now I don't know about you but I think I am going to take a second look at my leftover stack as I really love the way this turned out. I am trying to add to my selection of cards so that no matter if it is an occasion or a sad season in one's life I want to have a card completed so I can just reach in my card box and have one ready.
I sure hope you like today's simple little card and come back real soon. Thank you for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. Your comments continue to inspire me to keep on sharing.
signature

11 comments:

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Very nice card, Sheila. I love the sentiment too. I am a pack rat so I have tons of scraps in a box somewhere ;) Love the tips on wrapping the image around the back of the card! Have a great day!

;)Melody

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! What a beautiful way to use up the scraps! Makes a lovely sympathy card.

Bunnyfreak said...

I always have troube with sympathy cards. Love how yours turned out.

Shelley said...

Oops, typo in the sentiment. Beautiful card though!

Myrna said...

Lovely card. Great way to use up scraps. Thanks for the sentiment and also for the tut.
Myrna

CathyinMN said...

Love your card and how you made it with leftovers! It's a beautiful sympathy card. I try to save and use my leftovers, too.

Cindy@ Scrap-obsessed.blogspot.com said...

Lovely card. Gotta love those scraps..... well, when they actually get used.

Stacy said...

Sheila,
Your card turned out really pretty, I love the sentiment
Hugs
Stacy

Larelyn said...

Sheila,
Your card is stunning! I think I'm going to have to take a better look at my scraps and stacks. Thank you for the wonderful idea.
Hugs,

Lisa said...

Beautiful card Sheila, I've been trying to use up my scraps now also, at one point I had so much that I ended up giving them away and I started over, I try to go to my container of scraps first. ;)

maddy said...

Absolutely beautiful card!!really love your work..Thanks for sharing!

Letters