May 17, 2011

E2 Tutorial And Project Examples

Hi everyone! This is Kristy from craftin-on-my-door and I want to thank Sheila for allowing my to be her guest designer again today! I look forward to my monthly She's a Sassy Lady posts! I decided to do something a little different this month. I thought that it would be fun to show you, my crafty friends, some of my favorite features of the New E2!
{LOVE} the LCD screen!
I find that the stylus is a little small for me so I use a larger stylus that you can buy for the Nintendo DS  ( I also use this for my Gypsy).
I love that there are 4 carts included!!!! I know I will enjoy them all, but I am really loving the American Alphabet right now.
My fav, fav, favorite thing has to be that you can see exactly where your image is going to cut on the mat. (I hope for an update that would allow you to move the images around the mat).
You can change the size of each image right on the mat.
You can add mats to your projects.
There are "cuts" programed in for different types of paper and materials. You can also make your own "custom cut" and save it to use each time you cut.
I also love the new mat "guide" feature. It holds your mat in place!
The "door" also has a rounder feature which sits higher on the table and holds your mat up.
It is compatible with cricut carts and imagine carts (it will not print but it will cut the pieces, and you can separate the layers on the imagine carts). It also comes with silicone covers...to keep out all those little pieces of flyin' paper!
I also love the little LED light. It shows where you are cutting. Sometimes even in the daytime there are shadows in my craftin' loft, and this little light helps day or night!
I LOVE that when you use your Gypsy with it, the "cut" choices are now on the G screen. You can pick the depth, speed, or multi-cut all at one place!
I canNOT wait to switch out my green side trim pieces for pink!
These are just a few of the new features that I {LOVE}! If you have the New E2 what is your favorite feature? If you don't have the E2 what feature catches your eye the most?


Here are some projects that I have made with the fabulous new machine:
Thanks for stopping by today! <3 Kristy

7 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This makes me want the E2! Love all the wonderful projects you are displaying. Thank you for giving us a taste of E2 today.

Leslie said...

Thanks so much for all that information!!! I am hoping to win one on ebay!!!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

wow... this is so cool! TFS

Java Jen's Creations said...

Thanks for sharing this! I absolutely love my E2!! I especially love that the cutting controls are on the Gypsy when we use it with the E2!!!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Wow all of these are gorgeous!!! Love that banner at the end!!! TFS - now I too want the E2!! LOL
Hugs,
M

Cricut Couple said...

Such amazing projects. Where in the *&@# did you get the time to make all of those projects already? Hee! Hee! I got my machine during the launch and I have made two cards with it. Hee! Hee! Thanks so much for sharing your talents! This machine is so much more precise than the original expression. I love that every cut turns out. I would loose some here and there with the old version machine.

Audrey Frelx said...

Great projects! Love what you've created with your E2