May 24, 2011

Spin - Circle Weekly Monthly Challenge


Hello, I hope all is well with you today. Well I am excited as I got another page done and it qualifies to be entered into two separate Circle challenges. First this is a Jana Eubank sketch that I just love. You use 3 photos on it and I love that as I take so many photos that I am always looking to add more to any given page. Don't you just love her work? I used DCWV the new Black Currant Stack that is just so perfect with my photos.
Then I was also able to use this layout for the Monthly Circle Tic-Tac-Toe challenge! And as you can see from the graph on the right I used the Button, Paper Ruffle and a Cut Flower to make this beautiful layout. The great thing about this challenge is you were able to choose your own criteria as long as it formed a tic-tac-toe. 
The flower I used was from Gypsy Wanderings and I hid the little cut out within the flower. All I used was a sheet of paper some foam tape scissors, gems and either glue or I used hot glue and you have a gorgeous flower. This video shows it is as easy as can be.


This video is of me putting the page together, step by step. I forgot how much fun it is to make theses pages and so rewarding!
Here are a few close ups. The flower has plenty of dimension but with the glossy paper it is hard to see as it reflects back at you.

I just love this paper and it is three different shades of pink.

I made the ruffle by first using my score board scoring 1/4" then 1/2" this is 2 12 inch strips.

The rhinestones are just perfect for the center of the flower!
Another close up of the ruffle. I adhered the ribbon with a hot glue gun.

I hope you liked today's post. Our little Sydney is so photogenic and is such a little tom-boy.
Thank you for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. You comments continue to inspire me.
signature

6 comments:

mfc.melissamade2 said...

OH Sheila - what a GORGEOUS layout!!! Love the DCWV stack you used and that flower is gorgeous! I love the layout and good luck in the Circle challenge!
Hugs,
M

papillon digital design said...

Love the layout . Awesome work. TFS

Anonymous said...

Love the pleated paper!!! Can't wait to try it. Thanks so much for the inspiration!
jdwlo

Cricut Couple said...

So beautiful! Don't you just love that paper stack?!? It's our favorite to date! I really love how that flower looks with the layers of that purple paper! GORGEOUS!

Anonymous said...

Great page with awesome colors and detail. Love your photos on this layout. TFS
Sue

Granny said...

What a great page and such a little sweetie! Love the flower and the colors on this layout. TFS