May 3, 2011

A Dozen Cards Kept Me Busy Along With Stampede Make And Takes

Sometimes you just don't have access to your cutting machines or all of your supplies so you need to work with what you have on hand. Recently my mother had surgery and I went to her home to assist her while she was recovering. I spent the weekend and took my handy bag, some markers, colored pencils and some digital stamps and went to work creating in a very quiet setting. My father sat in the dining room with me and we talked while I colored and readied my stamps on the first day while mother slept soundly in another room.

 
Thought you would like to see some of the close ups of the artwork. Look at the little buttons on his jacket I used Glossy Accents on them and the Hi.
The little puppies were just adorable and can be used for just about any sentiment. After printing off my computer I colored him with markers and shaded him with colored pencils. Then I used Glossy Accents on the nose and eyes to make them look wet and then did a fussy cut to be able to just pop dot him on the card.
Yes I spent Friday afternoon coloring and preparing all these little pieces of digital art to make cards on Saturday. The following day she sat at the table with me and did a little sewing while I continued cutting and pasting and using the materials I had on hand. I hope you enjoy the little video showing you the cards I made.



This is a little video of the cards I made on Friday and Saturday afternoon.

These next couple of photos are some closeups of the make and take items while I was working on them.

Isn't this a great little tag to present a photo in? This is one of the make and takes at the Dallas Stampede that I did not have time to complete.
This is also another make and take and is a wonderful bookmark. I didn't do it the way they show as I like my book marker better!!
Don't you just love this flower? It was the first make and take I received and I just love it! Please click on the photo to see an enlargement of the flower.
On Sunday my Mother felt well enough for a little ride to Joann's so she went to the fabric section and I went to the paper section of the store! LOL When I got back from the store I put together this little shaker card I had cut and ready for the Stampede in Dallas but never got put together as we ran out of time. I hope you enjoy this card... I just love shaker cards as they are so cool and really make the recipient feel special.
I sure hope you enjoyed today's post... I know there sure was a lot to look at! A full bakers dozen in cards and 3 make and takes to boot. Don't forget you can click on any photo to enlarge it if you want to see in more detail.
Thank you for your sweet words of encouragement, your comments continue to inspire me!
signature

12 comments:

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

wow..... you've been a busy bee. Love your video!!!! now you are officially a "video star"!!!!

Stacy said...

Sheila,
You have been busy. So happy to hear that your mom is doing better! :)
I really love all of your cards and your coloring is fantastic
Great job sweetie

mfc.melissamade2 said...

All of these cards are just too adorable!! Love having sweet and pretty cards to put together...Glad you mom is doing well! Love listening to the clock tick in background put me in a trance!!!
HUGS,
M

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

Wow, you have been super busy! :)

Larelyn said...

You are just so organized that you don't waste a crafting moment! I think you're my hero!!!! Wonderful coloring, great make'n'takes and I love the shaker card.
Hugs,

2 Ducky said...

Lovely coloring and cards. Hope your mom is doing well.

Lisa said...

Sheila you are so sweet, so glad your mom is doing well. Yes what did we do before our cricut and gypsy came along, exactly what you did. Fantastic job, loved all your cards.

Shelley said...

Sheila,

Hope your mom is better soon. Thank you for the video!

Shelley

GabyCreates.com said...

WOW, you have been a super busy bee! I have never accomplished this much! Glad to hear your Mom is doing better! Love the pearls in center of flowers. I am getting a little bit more into stamping, but am lazy at cutting the shapes such as your puppy! TFS

Jeannie said...

So glad that you Mom is better! Thanks for hte inspiration without machines...I sometimes think that I cannot be withou a machine! you have really given me an idea for the next time I travel. Thank you!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Hi, Sheila! Love what you got accomplished whil you played Florence Nightengale! So glad you were able to be with your mom (who must be as sweet as you) and get some crafting done all at once. Very efficient Sassy Lady you are!

Java Jen's Creations said...

Sheila, you never cease to amaze!! You inspire me to be more organized to craft on the go! Such beautiful projects!!